cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

401 REPLIES 401

vimto350
Honored Guest

rocolop20 I followed the exact step as you did but still get Facebook season expire

we cannot fix this problem by sign in sign out or change password the real fix come with update or edit the app

Salokye
Honored Guest

@rocolop20 I followed the same steps too but still it throws facebook session expired:(

steve.barker.94214
Honored Guest

Had the dreaded Facebook error and network error with my gear vr2 and galaxy s7 edge. Contacted Meta support and they have just finally told me to go to samsung!

Here's there final message: 

Hello Steve, 

Welcome to Meta Store Support and hope everything is well. 

Thank you so much for staying with us, I have contacted the dedicated department and the Support for Gear VR has ended in August

In this situation, I will have to redirect you to Samsung, for further support, I kindly ask you to let me know the out come after contacting Samsung. 

If you have any doubts or questions, I can still call you. 

Best regards, 

Vânia
Meta store Support

so No more gear vr2 for me!

gio.rob
Honored Guest

same here😭

Candice1999
Honored Guest

When opening the oculus app for my Samsung gear VR, when loging in with my facebook, I get multiple errors. Such as updating my head set which has already been done several times the last few days, and a facebook error saying facebook session expired. I have tried everything from uninstalling, redownloading, factory reset my phone and nothing works. My Samsung Gear VR has become useless and a waist of money. I'm not impressed as its only 2 months old and was used 4 times. 

Florianeboulott
Honored Guest

Bonjour avez vous réussi ?

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us! We appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted. At this time, we would like to ask you to reach out to our support team here so that we can look into this for you.

We look forward to providing further assistance!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SVanhouttepro
Honored Guest

Hello All 

Have you been able to make it work ? still have the same issue. It is crazy that we can't even log in the app anymore. I m having the "Facebook session expired, your Facebook session has expired or is invalid. Please log in to Facebook again." tried everything without success. Really not a good way to get end user adoption. 

this is the only way to login to the app after migrating...thank u

hwang.421441
Honored Guest

I can't login in Oculus.(gear vr , samsung note9)

facebook login fail.

When I log in to Facebook, it says session expired.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?