cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Login Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Level 3

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

59 REPLIES 59

Salokye
Level 2

@rocolop20 I followed the same steps too but still it throws facebook session expired:(

Had the dreaded Facebook error and network error with my gear vr2 and galaxy s7 edge. Contacted Meta support and they have just finally told me to go to samsung!

Here's there final message: 

Hello Steve, 

Welcome to Meta Store Support and hope everything is well. 

Thank you so much for staying with us, I have contacted the dedicated department and the Support for Gear VR has ended in August

In this situation, I will have to redirect you to Samsung, for further support, I kindly ask you to let me know the out come after contacting Samsung. 

If you have any doubts or questions, I can still call you. 

Best regards, 

Vânia
Meta store Support

so No more gear vr2 for me!

gio.rob
Level 2

same here😭

Florianeboulott
Level 2

Bonjour avez vous réussi ?

SVanhouttepro
Level 2

Hello All 

Have you been able to make it work ? still have the same issue. It is crazy that we can't even log in the app anymore. I m having the "Facebook session expired, your Facebook session has expired or is invalid. Please log in to Facebook again." tried everything without success. Really not a good way to get end user adoption. 

this is the only way to login to the app after migrating...thank u

hwang.421441
Level 2

I can't login in Oculus.(gear vr , samsung note9)

facebook login fail.

When I log in to Facebook, it says session expired.

Snoop.Driftera
Level 2

VALVE! If i get enough money - I will definitely bring em to VALVE. Those guys at least an artists. HL2 is still in my heart. And these meta bastards are all about money and power! Digital fascists!

When you buy a used car that someone never had a chance to drive - you just fill the fuel and drive an 30 years old classic in a good condition. When I bought a secondhand brand new never used Gear VR, I expected the same. You idiots trying to force me to buy some of your new **bleep**? First of all if a had money maybe I would. But not now anymore, since you left me with lost money and no VR experience at all. All my experience - "never trust that mothe**bleep**ers".

DIVIKUS
Level 2

So no head? 🥺🤭

ryan.125682
Level 2

You can enable developer mode and open the apps from the gear vr service app and you can download google cardboard games i have the same issue you just have to tap on gear vr service in apps and then click on memory and then change memory now your in the app click 5 times on gear vr service version