cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

esben_dalgaard_
Explorer
Set time back and watch it update in Library, then it'll restart and update properly.
Set time in Setting>Time/Language> set automatic time to off and set the date back. You can reset the date when all is updated.
Edit: Oculus Rift Core Home doesn't seem to work tho.
ReEdit: Nope, games won't work either. Consider NOT setting your time back.

Khalreon
Honored Guest
Okay I can confirm, changing date solution works fine. But you have to also restart Oculus Runtime Service after changing the Date.

MrKaru
Adventurer
So, they just locked millions of users out of their own hardware because somebody forgot to pay the bill? I really hope they fix this soon, because it's not going to look good for them if this lasts hours or days. 

apexmaster
Explorer
I fixed it, re-install oculus software, and good to go, but yes chnage date and time oin win

Fractal974
Honored Guest
I also just changed the date to yesterday, and restart the computer and it works...

vinniegusmao
Honored Guest
Changed the date and time to february 7th, 1pm, restarted my pc and it started to work again.

Demimage
Explorer
So whats the score?? How do we get back into oculus without changing system time?

TheTarantula
Protege
Why in the hell does the runtime service have a certificate that isn't pushed out to something like 2049???????

JonJonXD
Expert Protege
Wow, this is a crazy issue!

I was wondering why it broke for me too.

I don't really want to change my date/time on my PC, that's just silly.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Baldoren
Explorer
Is someone from Oculus going to comment? If they don’t have a support number one would think they would at the very least make an attempt to update the community thru forums, or social media.