cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to my PC in Horizon Workrooms

TheMDcraft
Honored Guest

Hi,

I'm on my Quest 2 and I wanted to try out Horizon Workrooms. Everything works perfectly, except for "Oculus Remote Desktop". It's the only thing, why I wanted to use Horizon Workrooms. When I launch the App on my laptop (Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit), it shows me the button to sign in. I sign in, put on my headset and head over to the computer section. It shows searching for computers on my Quest and says "no available devices" on my laptop. After some time, it logs itself out automatically on the laptop.

Laptop specs:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3840QM
  • NVIDIA Quadro K2000M
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
  • 8 GB DDR3 RAM

I tried everything: 

• reinstalling the app (both on the Quest and the laptop)
  • restarting both devices
  • running the application with integrated graphics or with Nvidia graphics
  • updated my Nvidia drivers
  • updated my laptop and the Quest (Quest: V42; App: V1.5)
  • running as administrator
  • disabling firewall
  • checking my router settings

Maybe someone can help me/give me some information on how to solve the problem?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We see you're trying to setup your device to use "Oculus Remote Desktop", and we're here to do everything we can to set you up for success! 

We do suggest making sure you have specs that meet or exceed the stated requirements on our official website here.

Let us know if this was helpful, and if you've any questions or concerns in the future, don't hesitate to ask!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CWade3051
Honored Guest

Im having the same exact issue on my desktop, did you ever figure it out?

Hiya! We appreciate you letting us know your issues with your Horizon Workrooms on the PC. This is not the experience we want you to have with our awesome VR device and would be more than happy to get you the help you deserve. Please make sure to check the requirements on the post above! If your still having issues please make sure to gather your logs for us and get connected with our spectacular Meta Store Support! 

You can get connected here with one of our extraordinary agents through a live chat or even submitting a ticket! We can't wait to get you back in the amazing VR world and play games! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!