cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant follow friend

zombie0army
Honored Guest

I can't follow my friend because The follow button won't show up and I can't find anywhere in settings to enable or disable the ability to stop anyone from following. Please can anyone help me figure this out.

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @zombie0army!

We see you're having some troubles with the app and the follow button disappearing. We can't let something like this happen and interrupt your VR time. We have a couple steps we can take to help get this resolved. When you're ready, attempt the following:

• Make sure our headset is up to date
  • Make sure you app is on the latest update
  • Force close and restart the app
  • Sign out and then back into the app
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app

As well, if you try this and that button disappears again, we ask that you please submit a bug report using the steps here. This will be the best way to have our engineers take notice of this issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Did u ever get this figured out I'm having the same issue with my niece

Tried all of this and still no follow button on my profile or my friends profile!!! I can add the world but not my friend and they can’t add me. 

Hiya @Igot6siblings! We totally understand how important it is to be able to follow your friends, and we'd love to help! To start, we have a couple questions that may help us determine what could be causing this issue:

• Have you migrated your account into a Meta account?
  • Do you have parental supervision enabled on your headset?
  • Is your headset up-to-date?
  • Have you or your friends recently changed your profiles from Public to Private? (or vice-versa)
  • Are you able to send them an Invite to Party?
  • Can you or your friends see each others Activity or Active Status?
  • Have you checked your blocked profiles?

We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again, we're just dropping on over to see if you still need assistance with your issue. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

Ender51380
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue as them. I have software up to date, I just did a force reboot to default settings and redownloaded all the apps. They are following me but I can't follow them. I have tried in the Quest Pro, in the app and on the website https://secure.oculus.com/my/people/. However, the website I do have the follow button, but when I click it .. it just spins and then show follow button as if I have not selected it.

Ender51380
Honored Guest

I just bought this pro and am on the edge of returning it do to all the issues with software and tracking I am seeing.

Hey there @Ender51380, we don't want any of these hiccups with your device deter you from having an amazing VR experience. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but we will do all we can to assist you on these matters! So that we can look further into your issue and provide you with more contact options, please reach out to us from Meta Store Support. We have more tools and resources to assist you via live chat, emails, or with a callback.

We hope to hear from you soon! 

I have followed the steps you suggested and nothing works I can not add a friend the follow button is greyed out.