cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant login to admin account as no longer use it

leahh6800
Honored Guest

How do I change admin account on quest 2 to a new handset as the old one still logged on and using the account??

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you'd like to change the admin account on your headset, we'll be happy to help answer your question! To start, the only way to change the admin account on the headset will be a factory reset. We know how daunting this can seem, but don't worry! All purchased games and apps will remain linked to your account, and should be available to download after logging back in. To ensure you don't lose any data, check that you have cloud backup enabled. You can then follow the steps found here to factory reset your device. We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Vancel13
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue here. My dad gifted me his Quest 2 and I cannot pair my phone with the headset. Dad already deleted all his accounts and factory reset the device, now the headset is stuck with the same pairing code that my phone can't find. Tried plugging headset into phone, headset into computer - nothing. I'm stranded

Hey there, @Vancel13! We've got your back and would love to help you into the VR world! Please send us a private message so that we can assist you further pairing your headset to the Meta quest app.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, My meta account was hacked, And I cant get access to it, I've already contacted Oculus support, They said to change the gmail, But to change the gmail I have to show my ID, My current ID is in another city, Is there any chance that you guys could change the gmail, It will really help me! If not, Is there any way to make my other meta account Admin account on my oculus, Or transfer the games into the other account? This would really help me!

Hey there, @Arthurelioooo! We hate to hear that your Meta account was hacked. We know how important it is to be able to access your account, and we're happy to help you with this!

So we can look into this further, could you please send us a private message? You can send us a private message by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.