cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant use A-cups, to close

virror
Level 3
I cant use the A-cups on my Rift because they are to close even if i adjust the screws and push them as far as i can, and my coworkers said the same thing, even the B-cups are almost unusable on the furthest setting so i now use the A-cups which makes for a far from perfect experience : / Why is this?
15 REPLIES 15

Rocket
Level 2
Define "to close," your eyelashes should be brushing the lenses in it's ideal position.

virror
Level 3
To close as pretty much my eyes touching them in their furthest position which i find a bit strange to what i have been reading.

Emvy-
Level 2
this guy has the same problem...

sorry couldn't resist :mrgreen:

maybe the hmd is to tight? put the display on the furthest position and loosen up the straps a bit?

virror
Level 3
Haha, nice image : D
Thanx for the tip, I will continue to investigate when i get home from work : p

cybereality
Level 15
Why not use B or C cups?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

virror
Level 3
Using B-cups atm, but they don't give the same fov as the A-cups.
Will continue the experiments : )

2EyeGuy
Level 5
The reason B cups don't give the same FOV is because they are further from your eyes, which is what you want.
The other alternative is to get some foam and put it on top of the current foam.

lucalia
Level 2
maybe increase the distance between ACUP and ur eyes by move the button on the side of the glassess?

RedAndBlue
Level 2
"lucalia" wrote:
maybe increase the distance between ACUP and ur eyes by move the button on the side of the glassess?

Moving the dials on the side of the Rift will only move the screen closer/further. It doesn't change the distance between the cups and the eyes.

for OP: Try B-Cups, or like me, wear a thin runner's cap low enough on your forehead to help keep the A cups a little further away from your face. I tried the B-Cups and it was too low of a FOV, like looking through binoculars. I really don't know which cups/extension of the screen is right for me. I wish there was definitive guide to figure this out. It seems like it's in focus no matter how I mess with it so I don't know which is best for eye strain.