cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Gender

pinnb
Honored Guest

Why can't we change our gender?  I know we can change what our avatar looks like but I am a boy in every forum or new download even though my Oculus avatar looks like a women.  My husband started this account but I now own it and would like to be able to be a woman!

9 REPLIES 9

SketchyVillager
Explorer

There is a switch you can toggle in the avatar screen. It looks like the developers made it an option, but its bugged. When saving it doesnt actually change your gender, unfortunately. Also, just a heads up that this community is pretty toxic. The moderators seem to be on some type of power trip, even though they dont really do any development changes here at all. Im sorry to say this, but we are going to have to go elsewhere to get the gender change. Possibly start modifying our devices. 

The fact that you can't change gender sucks. These folks think that they have us by the "balls" and won't even attempt to fix this gender swap issue. Bad news travel fast. Don't be so sure that everyone will continue to purchase. It is easier to keep a customer than get one back that leaves

jace.kai
Explorer

This is an ongoing issue that many, many people are facing. But dare to question the almighty overlords at this horrible company and their little forum minions will shut you up by locking threads and pretending that this is a non issue. I have been complaining for months about having a clearly female avatar and these woke dickheads do nothing about it. I cannot wait until another affordable cable-free headset comes out so I can move on from this horrible company and all of the gender fluid twinks that work for it. 

There is no gender toggle button.  Was it removed?

Rad_B
Honored Guest

A discrimination lawsuit would probably set things on track.

4ZeroCool
Honored Guest

The best solution to this problem is to quit playing the game. They don’t care to fix it and they think there is something wrong w you for having a problem with it

exwolfpup93
Honored Guest

I have the opposite issue. My avatar is definitely female as all the body types have breasts. Even th pose is feminine. When I get rewards they are all female clothes and such. I read on a different thread that the avatars are gender neutral, blah blah blah. I call BS on that. No matter how hard I try to make mine look masculine it’s definitely not. 

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there everyone! At this time there is nothing that can be changed I know a few have been providing this in our idea forums and I hope this gets a look into. 

We are all mad here.

exwolfpup93
Honored Guest

I set mine up from scratch and don’t recall seeing anything that asked my gender. I’ve tweaked my avatar enough to look like a guy, but when I get rewards that are clothing they are all female. Most of the body options I had to choose from were definitely female. Not sure what to do.