cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Which Account has Admin

TheTinySnake
Honored Guest

I recently got a new oculus quest 2 (after giving my old one to my brother). I have both devices on the same email, but I want to change my new account to have admin. I've tried looking it up dozens of times at this point, but the only information I've got is "You need to factory reset it". I've done that multiple times on both devices, but I do not have an option anywhere to change which account has Admin. I've tried following some tutorials on it but they call for me to switch something on/off in a setting that I don't seem to have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @TheTinySnake 🙂

Maybe I don't understand exactly what you mean....if so, sorry.

Normally the account, that you use to setup a device is the admin account.

So, if you use the same account to setup both devices - your new one and the one that you gave to your brother - you will be the admin on both devices.

If you only want to be admin on your new headset, do a factory reset on the old one, let your brother create his own Meta account, then let him set up the headset with that account.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @TheTinySnake 🙂

Maybe I don't understand exactly what you mean....if so, sorry.

Normally the account, that you use to setup a device is the admin account.

So, if you use the same account to setup both devices - your new one and the one that you gave to your brother - you will be the admin on both devices.

If you only want to be admin on your new headset, do a factory reset on the old one, let your brother create his own Meta account, then let him set up the headset with that account.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?