cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child DOB Change

SAM8224
Honored Guest

I'm not able to update my child's DOB from the family Center, says to ask support. Need to change his year to 2009.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

haha no worries at all!

So, when you have clicked here https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

make sure you are logged in. That page should show your headset that is registered to your account.

Click the picture of your headset and it will bring you to a page asking you what issue you have

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

View solution in original post

digitalox
Explorer

found work around to " You aren't able to create an account based on the information that you provided.". set birth date to one day before you are 13, wait one day. you will be able to change your age to what ever you want as you will be 13 then. rinse repeat for 17 to 18

META support does not fix and will never change for you

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

hi @SAM8224 

head over to https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/ click either Live chat or whatsapp, this should get you sorted asap.

Jonny

thanks for advise -  dumb question where is the Live Chat? 

It's one of those where you have to click the right thing to avoid the common Q&A pages. try this

head over to https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/ whilst logged in

Click your headset

Click meta quest software or content

click other software and content issues.

That should get you to see the chat options 😄

Hope this helps

Jonny

Can you tell I am not technology minded 

You said Click your headset?  is this really obvious? 

haha no worries at all!

So, when you have clicked here https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

make sure you are logged in. That page should show your headset that is registered to your account.

Click the picture of your headset and it will bring you to a page asking you what issue you have

Ignore my last message. -  I think I have gone brain dead -  but went through your methodical steps and it seemed to work.  Fingers crossed we get a reply 

Ermagerd! I'm dying from the suspence! Did they actually help you?? Also, pretty ridiculous that so many parents are trying to change DOB for kids, especially just in the 10-12 range just to allow them to have developer access, since "allowing" an app that requires it does nothing? But it seems to be the only way they may tag the gorillas not logged into my acct.?!?!? (Gorilla Tag is the specific game, the biggest attraction of getting/having the device for my 12½ yr old son since all of YouTube plays it)

OMG it is so annoying  -  I can get to the point where I can change the DOB but then get the same message to Contact Support Centre  -  which i have tried and get no response as yet.  I tried to add my account to the account but it will not let me do that either. -  so I am a little stuck now and frustrated 

digitalox
Explorer

found work around to " You aren't able to create an account based on the information that you provided.". set birth date to one day before you are 13, wait one day. you will be able to change your age to what ever you want as you will be 13 then. rinse repeat for 17 to 18

META support does not fix and will never change for you

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?