cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child account suspended

gwynbleidd.2022
Honored Guest

I posted this as a reply to other post but that will get me nowhere so I decided to start a new topic.

I have set up an account for my 10 year old with me supervising his account. I was asked to provide bank details to confirm his age, small payment was deducted and than given back and all. Than few days later his account was suspended for no reason at all.

This time I was asked to type in his DOB to confirm his age... again. After providing DOB I got message that it doesn't match his records and too many times in last 12h... WHAT?

I contacted the support center to unblock son's account and I was asked to provide his ID!!!

He's 10 for God sake! Here in Ireland we don't have ID's even for adults and they want it from 10year old??? What sick joke is that! I'm absolutely disgusted now! He can't use his headset for days now and I see no help from support.

I was asked to submit his ID but 10 year old HAVE NO ID,  also there was no link provided to submit anything.

META! you have my full details and that should be all you need! Why you asking to provide sensitive personal data from a minor!!!

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @gwynbleidd.2022! We can completely empathize with you and understand how frustrating this situation must feel. We know these processes can cause frustration, but we would love to assist in moving this forward. To further assist you, we need you to send us a private message. To do so, simply click on our name to access our profile page, or click on the provided link. Once there, select "Send a Message" to privately message us. Please note that you must be signed in to the community before sending a private message. We eagerly await your response.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

terrikorchinski
Honored Guest

My son’s parent monitored account was suspended within minutes of sending in his ID as directed by chat support. That was 6 weeks ago and I have spent countless hours trying to get Meta to fix it. Meta finally just told me to stop contacting them and they will contact me when they are ready to fix it and there is no timeline when they will fix it. So my son has a $400 paper weight. I hope parents reading this stay away from Meta products. Had I know all the issues with the parent monitored accounts, I would have never bought a Meta product for him.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?