cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child does not have an email account

turtlemaster.37303
Honored Guest

My child does not have an email account. I do not want my child to have an email account. I have used my email address to create a meta quest account.

I am now trying to create a child’s account but it will not let me without entering their email.

Is there a way to make a child account on quest 2 without an email address?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EraTheSilly
Expert Protege

Nope, you have to create an account for them. It can be a throw-away account, as long as you remember the email and password. Make sure you 100% set it up correctly though, or you'll be dealing with suspended accounts and all kinds of other stupidity. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

EraTheSilly
Expert Protege

Nope, you have to create an account for them. It can be a throw-away account, as long as you remember the email and password. Make sure you 100% set it up correctly though, or you'll be dealing with suspended accounts and all kinds of other stupidity. 

no joke. what a nightmare. kid got excited, made an account without my knowledge and lied about his birthdate. tried to correct and link to supervise and set controls and now his account is locked. instructions in their articles said to follow these steps and it would prompt him to send a request to link to a parent account. so annoying!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?