cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming referral code given to my son for Xmas Quest 2 purchase

derbius
Honored Guest

I gave my son a Quest 2 for Christmas so we could play together and set it up for him secretly so it would be good to go on Xmas day. But he found it early. Anyway, I then sent him the referral code but he can't use it! Is it because the second headset has to be "owned" by a different person? I am the "owner" of both headsets but he is a second user on both. Do I need to factory reset one so he can be the first user? Will it still work?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kids always have a way of getting to Christmas presents early! Especially when it's something as awesome as VR. The way the referral codes work is that it's a way to refer new users. So, your son would need his own account that would be created along with the new headset set up. Since you have already attempted using the code once, it wouldn't work again for the same person. In spite of that, we are glad to see you and your son are able to play amazing games together! Happy gaming and Merry (early) Christmas! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?