cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud backup

MikeE73
Explorer

Hi,

My quest 2 has failed to perform a cloud backup since Dec 16th in spite of being left in standby mode and connected to the charger and WiFi. Up to that point it worked perfectly fine.

I’ve tried turning off Cloud backup earlier today, shutting the Quest 2 down fully, restarting and then switching Cloud backup on again but no luck so far with an updated backup.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks.

PS I’m also conscious of the recent advice not to leave the Quest 2 plugged into the charger once it is fully charged in order to preserve long term battery health but given the random nature of Cloud backups and the need for the device to be on charge, I’m not sure there’s another option so the need for constant charging to achieve backup seems contradictory to battery health advice.

A manual request to backup to the cloud would be a real benefit.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @MikeE73! Thanks for reaching out. We completely understand how it feels to have issues backing up your game data to the cloud. We have a couple more steps you could try to resolve this issue.

• Disconnect and re-connect the headset from wifi
  • Uninstall and reinstall the mobile app

If you try these steps and are still having issues please reach out to our fantastic support team, as they have access to more tools in order to further assist you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Hey! Thanks for reaching back out. Cloud backup usually happens overnight while your headset is charging. We recommend giving it a day and then contacting support if you're still having issues. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @MikeE73! Thanks for reaching out. We completely understand how it feels to have issues backing up your game data to the cloud. We have a couple more steps you could try to resolve this issue.

• Disconnect and re-connect the headset from wifi
  • Uninstall and reinstall the mobile app

If you try these steps and are still having issues please reach out to our fantastic support team, as they have access to more tools in order to further assist you. Thanks!

Thanks.

I’ve just completed what you suggested. Quest 2 is back on charge and reconnected to WiFi. Mobile app has been uninstalled and reinstalled. Any idea of how long to wait to know if it was successful?

Mike.

Hey! Thanks for reaching back out. Cloud backup usually happens overnight while your headset is charging. We recommend giving it a day and then contacting support if you're still having issues. 

MikeE73
Explorer

That seems to have done the trick thanks.

Still seems odd though that the advice for battery health is to disconnect from charging as soon as fully charged but in order to get a backup the device needs to be left charging and in standby overnight.

FYI, You can also use SideQuest to trigger a Cloud Backup, or to perform a complete backup of your apps to your PC (note: these backups can take up a lot of space). To manage backups in SideQuest, connect your headset to your PC, then in SideQuest, click the nine square icon for "Currently Installed Apps".

» Get a $35 credit in Canada on a new Quest 2 or 3 — but you must use a referral link BEFORE you activate your new headset!
  (Works for the UK too, but if you're in the USA you should use a referral link from the USA due to certain restrictions.)
» Get 25% OFF games or earn $5! Learn how and see my game referral links here: How app referrals work

Hey, MikeE73! We're glad that worked for you. If you should ever need our assistance again, please reach out to us. We're always happy to help!

Hey there @deejeevee! We received your PM and we will be with you shortly!