cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code not working for connection from Oculus App to Quest 2

stromivoid
Honored Guest

First of all, I wanted to know how to cast my headset to my phone, so then, as people said on reddit, I factory reset it to do so. But, as I was setting my quest 2 up, I tried to put the code in to connect the quest to my phone,  and its paring, then it says unable to connect. I believe I have tried all of the steps that it suggests, but none of them work! I have even factory reset it again, and still doesn’t pair. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading it, rechecked my internet twice, and shut off the quest and turned it on again. So, is there anyway to bypass, or an easier way to pair it? Thanks! (This is all happening on an IPhone 15 [for associated products])

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @stromivoid! Thanks so much for sharing with the community! We certainly understand how important it is that our devices are working properly, and we're ready to lend a hand! To catch us up to speed, can you let us know the following:

• Have you made sure that the headset and the phone are connected to the same network and the same frequency?
  • Are you using any accessories that may affect communication (such as headset covers, etc.) 
  • Has the headset been fully charged? (2+ hours via wall outlet)
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes, the phone and headset are on the same network/wifi, and I believe they’re on the same frequency. There is no accessories, everything is default on the outside, unless it’s the Meta head-strap that I have, but it is Meta supported, and when i was trying to set it up, the battery was at 100% and on the charger. But, it wasn’t a wall outlet, it was an extension that was plugged into the outlet. I don’t think that’s the problem though.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know! We definitely want to make sure the devices are on the same frequency to ensure they are able to communicate effectively. If you've also rebooted your network, your phone, and your headset in attempts to reconnect the devices, we'll want to securely collect your account and device information to look into this further.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ok, did that. I will wait until tomorrow to recheck my message.

Thank you!

No problem at all, @stromivoid! We're happy to help! By the way, we were pleased to see you've sent us a PM and we're pretty eager to investigate this matter a little further! Get back to our message there when you get a chance! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?