cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colored artifact are appearing on my screen on quest 3 on Vermillion VR

The.Oni.Wolf
Explorer

I need help with artifacts appearing on my screen

Every time I use vermillion vr and paint for like 5 to 10 minutes my screen glitches out with artifact so I was wondering if it is the build-in browser or something else like my powersaver is creating artifact but it only does it in 5 to 10 minutes time. 

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @The.Oni.Wolf. Maintaining high-quality visuals is very important, especially when enjoying an artful experience such as Vermillion. No worries! We’re here to help.

We would like to start by asking you some questions to better understand the issues at hand:

• What kind of artifacts do you have?
    • Are they spots? Dots? Lines? Do they have color?
  • Do any other applications have these visual glitches?
  • Do they persist after closing the app or do they disappear upon returning to the home environment?
  • Are you doing anything else in the app? Such as using the browser, loading images, or accessing any online content?
  • If you take a screenshot, do they show up in that screenshot?

We look forward to investigating this further to help you out however possible. Please get back to us at your earliest convenience, and we would be happy to see what we can do.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1) they are lines and spots and colors of red and green and sometimes blue

2) no other app and games have these visual glitch only vermillion vr for some reason.

3) they disappeared when I go to my home space.

4) yes there is a browser in-app that I can load images to my canvas in vermillion vr.

5) it's hard for me to take a screenshot, it's too quick to take a screenshot so I can't take a screenshot of the visual glitch.

Hey again @The.Oni.Wolf! Thank you for this information. Since you are only experiencing this in Vermillion, lets try a hard reboot. You can find the steps for that here. Also if the issue continues we may need to get over to the developer. Please get back to us after performing the reboot. We eagerly await your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried rebooting and went back to vermillion, It didn't work it still showing artifacts as lines and spots and still showing color's too on the artifacts

@The.Oni.Wolf we appreciate your continued efforts with us as we continue to work on this. What we'd like you to do now is perform a factory reset, and you can find those steps here. We also want to make sure you have turned on cloud backup, and you can find more information on that here. Once you've done the factory reset, get back to us with the results.

Hey Hey @The.Oni.Wolf! We just wanted to circle back around to see if you were able to perform the factory reset. Please get back to us at any time.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?