cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound on Quest 2 Frequent Freeze/Crash

Laserapa
Honored Guest

Hi! Was enjoying Compound on quest 2 quite a bit, but the game has started crashing frequently.

https://youtu.be/cXiGt8jcAJE?t=955

Here is a video (not mine) of what it looks like. Image freezes up. You can still look around but see black edges. I tried doing a factory reset, but the problem persists. 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, hello, @Laserapa! We see you're experiencing some trouble with "Compound" freezing and crashing on your headset. This is certainly not an issue you should have to continue dealing with and we'd hate for this situation to continue to impact your VR gaming experience, so we'll be glad to help out! To begin with, let's get a clear idea of the state of your game and headset. Could you please clarify the following points?:

• Is this the only app giving you these issues? Are any other applications crashing on your headset?
  • When did this problem start? Were any changes made to the headset in that time?
  • Is the Oculus Home Experience having any issues?

Also, if you haven't already, please try restart the headset by pressing and holding the power button for around 10 seconds until it turns off, wait thirty seconds then press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on. Let us know how your results from this step and we can continue from there! We look forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @Laserapa. We just wanted to check on you here and see if you were still having trouble with "Compound," we'd like to assist you further if you are. Just let us know what you've tried so far. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for the answer!

• So far this is the only app giving me this specific problem. Before doing a complete factory reset i played Resident evil 4 for a bit, but cant say conclusivly that it would'nt have caused the same issue.
  • I can't say with 100% certainty, but the problem seemingly started after installing another game "The light brigade", but seing as a factory reset and with no other games installed and the problem still persists, it seems a likely coincidence.
  • The Oculus home experience seems unaffected, but i dont use it much. I did have some issues with the boundy guardian acting a little jittery and loosing its tracking sporadically, but that seems to have been resolved by deleting the guardian save data. This was before the  reset.

Laserapa
Honored Guest

Hi again, thanks for the additional check! Dont get much time during the week to look at forums and play games 🙂 My answers are above!

Thanks for getting back to us with this information! We're glad to hear you're still able to play other games without this interruption. Since this issue seems to only affect Compound, we would recommend reaching out to the developer to report this bug. Click here to view their website where you can see ways to contact them. If you do see this issue come up with other apps or on the Oculus Home Experience, please let us know. We're always here to help!