cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Code Not Sending-6 digit code

corvin.13
Honored Guest

Was able to get the confirmation code upon setting up account on desktop computer, however when trying to log in through the Meta Quest app, it does not send 6 digit confirmation code. Have been trying for the past 3 hours, for a $400 product this has been VERY frustrating to just be able to look at this paper weight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To everyone that has issues not receiving the code. Open account at yahoo.com and it will work. I was ready to return my vr until i realized that meta doesn't like certain emails, mostly foreign so I've opened yahoo just for this purpose and the code arrived right away

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @corvin.13! We understand how setting up your device code can get frustrating. No worries, if you're having problems in VR after setting up a Meta account, here are a few things you can try:

Once you try that, let us know if that was able to help. If you're still having problems after trying these solutions, please contact Meta Store Support for further assistance 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the same problem but there's no such thing as doing what you said. Meta app will not let you log out of all sessions or do a single thing without sending a code to your email to verify your account, a code that never gets there. I've been locked out for months and this is really not fair. Who is going to refund all of the apps/games I can't use? Or the quest 2 for that matter?

Hey there, @luillo.cuchillo! We noticed that you are experiencing some issues with receiving your confirmation code. We hate to hear that any of our users would be experiencing something like that and we'd love to get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! Just so that we don't rehash anything troubleshooting that you've already tried, what steps have you tried on your own? We look forward to hearing back from you and getting this matter resolved. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! Just passing by to see if you are still in need of our assistance. We want to make sure we can get you back on track! 

dvdsm
Honored Guest

I'm replying to this thread because it's a major issue — I'm posting for a friend who CAN'T CREATE A META ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE CONFIRMATION CODE NEVER WORKS!
First, they tried creating an account and received an email with a confirmation code. That code is incorrect, according to the confirmation page. Then, they try resending the code and it is never sent. So... they have a headset that is unusable because they're unable to create a new Meta account. 

They've tried creating a new account twice and the same thing happens. So this isn't just random — it's a bug. 

Hey there! We hate to hear that your friend can't create a Meta account. We understand how frustrating that might be. So we can further assist, could you please have your friend reach out to us at Meta Support so we can further look into their issue and gather some personal information from them. We are looking forward to hearing from them. Have a great day! 

The meta support link doesn't let you report problems about the website or in this case a verification code, it only lets you report physical problems with the headset and its accessories. I'm trying to get a verification code texted to me so I can enable 2-factor authentication which you need to enable Dev mode. I've been trying this for two days straight and no text message is being sent to me. I have even tried two different phone numbers.

Hey there, @DawsonDale. We can definitely understand how concerning it can be when the verification code doesn't send properly, keeping you from setting up your 2 factor authenticator. You have the options for quite a few issue types on the website, but we can always update that later if you have to pick something irrelevant due to not finding your exact issue. Alternatively, we can take a look and help out through a PM here. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Hey there, @DawsonDale! We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!