cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on how to ask for a controller replacement.

Bierzgal
Honored Guest

I got my Quest 2 at the end of this September and it was fine till now. Recently however my right controller has been going absolutely crazy. I googled it, learned that it might be "stick drift" but honestly? It seems different than the issues some people have shown. I don't have a light drift to one side like other people. My analog stick just goes from 0 to a 100 on it's own ot with the lightest tough of the analog (I've seen it in the calibration options, it goes completely to the top). I've changed batteries as it was often suggested but it did not help at all.

I tried to contact Meta Support but it only says "There are no products eligible for replacement". I don't know why. It's been only 2 months so I can't imagine the warranty not still being a thing. I noticed that the Meta Support only logs in with Facebook. I don't have my products registered to that account but the Meta account instead.

I need help. Can anyone from Meta Support can guide me through this process? It's very confusing to me.

3 REPLIES 3

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey, I can help! I've seen a few people with this happen when trying to reach support, and there's actually a pretty easy way around it. There are a couple of options during the workflow that will only show you the option for replacement (instead of also showing options for chat, email, etc.) for some reason, while others will allow you to open up a support ticket.

Here's a workflow that should work to get you in touch with support:

https://metaque.st/Support > Meta Quest 2 > Right controller > Thumbstick > Thumbstick unresponsive > This does not solve my issue

From there, you should be able to select a support option to start a ticket! Let me know if you need any other help.

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

hana.boushey
Honored Guest

I have the exact same problem. One controller did it after a few days of using the meta quest. We sent the controller back for replacement but meta quest has not sent it back to us. Their support department is horrendous. You try to ask for any type of information or update and they don't know anything. All I've gotten is the same lines from everybody I've spoken to "it will take 3-4 days after we receive it for you to get the return. Our specialized department is looking into this for you and will do their best to get you your replacement as soon as possible." No they won't. It has been almost a month and nothing. Calling them is a giant waste of time and extremely frustrating. I have now had to purchase the left controller which cost $109. We received that new controller and it was working and now the right controller is doing that crazy tracking thing. So now I just purchased a right controller for another $109. This might be some kind of defect, but they don't seem to care. I spent over $800 now trying to get this to work for my son. It's infuriating. 

Hey @hana.boushey. Thank you for reaching out. We understand how troublesome replacements can be, and we would love to help you get the straightened out. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!