cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Disconnects on Quest 2 Cable Link

NotImCoolio
Explorer

Have a Quest 2. Used to use Virtual Desktop since I had ethernet, worked like a charm. Now in a different room, I have to use the Link Cable. Just got a USB 3+ Type-A to Type-C cable and a USB 3+ Type-C to Type-C cable. Both of them kept giving me the same exact issue. After a random amount of time, it will either 1. Freeze my entire screen on the last frame or 2. Disconnects me saying "PC Disconnected yada yada" then immediately over the bar with the settings icon and etc it will say "Meta Quest Oculus Link" as a sign of it reconnecting. It is completely unplayable. I have tried literally EVERYTHING in the books, from using Oculus Tray Tool, to changing to 90HZ, usb power management in Windows. so forth and so on. Absolutely nothing helps. Works somewhat fine in USB 2.0 with the obvious lag + audio lag, no disconnects. Used it in the past with USB 2.0 with no audio lag or anything in Assetto Corsa before with ease. 

System Specifications:
Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.6GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (Slightly OC but has absolutely no issues in any games or anything.)

16GB DDR4 3200MHZ

650W PSU (Shouldn't be the issue.)

Windows 21H2 (19044.2604)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Been trying to fix for days and I'm extremely frustrated at this point all of my PCVR games are useless. Have a great day to whoever reads this. 

4 REPLIES 4

NotImCoolio
Explorer

Bump

Skeleghetti
Honored Guest

yeah i've recently been having the same issues after upgrading my link cable to a better one, the most i've gotten it to work fine was turning off the quest 2 and then my computer but even then it wouldn't work and sometimes feels like you just have to get lucky with it. hope theres a better solution soon.

Wizzworld
Honored Guest

I also have the same problem, fortunately it works via WiFi, but the connection is not as good as via USB

NotImCoolio
Explorer

Bump again...