cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Meta Quest Support & Collecting Logs

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Should you encounter an issue or have any questions that would require you to contact Meta Quest Support, you can do so by heading to the support page (https://meta.com/help/quest/). 

Here, you can contact the support team via email or live chat. If you are facing a technical issue that you're trying to troubleshoot, our support agents will often ask for log files from your system. This allows them to investigate more in depth and find the root cause of the issue.

In order to speed up the process, it's always a good idea to attach these logs to your initial support request so that the team can review them immediately. In order to collect these logs, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Open the run window (Windows key + R)
  2. Enter and run: C:\program files\oculus\support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
  3. Wait for the executable file to pop up
  4. Select logs for the last 24 hours
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. It should pop up a Windows Explorer window at the location of your newly collected logs.
  6. It automatically generates a zip file and copies the zip to the clipboard so you can paste it to your desktop
  7. Attach this zip file to your next support response

If you run into any issues, feel free to DM us directly or respond to this thread and we will get you helped out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
41 REPLIES 41

That is what I'm saying. That link doesn't work for me. It doesn't offer me an option to talk to anyone after I select that the left stick is damaged and enter my serial number (closest option there is to the controller drifting). I can't find a working way to contact support to get a replacement.

Hey there @CrueBrew! We completely understand how it feels to have difficulty contacting support. Our system decides what support options to give you based on the issue you select. In this case we would recommend selecting a different issue, preferably an account issue, so that you get the option to reach out through email, chat, or callback. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Okay the magic path to support is to select "Order and payments" and then "Other product purchase issues". That will let you have a chat or a call (not anytime soon). All the others I tried either didn't offer a support option or offered only email.

And what a fun support call it was. It ended up starting with a chat that then turned in to a call (which required a screenshot of the website showing that the soonest available time was 2.5 hours later), that then required me to record video of the problem on my headset and share that via dropbox. 45 minutes later I have to wait 2-5 business days to hear what my options are. What awesome support! It's almost as good as Comcast! 😞

I might have to return the headset without a replacement...

Jonnytheduke
Honored Guest

I set up a Meta account and since then my Oculus Go doesn't work.  All I see are three dots on the screen and while it appears to be booting up something, nothing happens.  I don't know what to do to make it work again.

Please help.

Jonathan

Hey Jonathan, thanks for reaching out to us over to forums. We're sorry to hear that your Go device is stuck on the 3 dots screen and want to get you the help you deserve! This link will take you straight to our Quest dedicated page.

On there, there will be a number of articles you can search through, however if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (before the footer), you'll see a blue "Get Support" button. Go through that process, making sure you go to General Support and click for software issues and "Other". That will take you to a page with various options of your choosing to where you can work directly with an agent on your issue.

Paipel
Honored Guest

Hey, I did open a request to fix my left controler where he have an issue with the analogic button, the stick is pulling up and don't responde correctly, I'm from Brazil and when I asked for help it only accept me to enter on the support a US address... I did put any US adress and put my real adress on the comment, someone can help me saying if it will work or have any way to help me? I don't want to pay for a mistake that is not my fault, when I paid I did for a full price, i want my warranty to work as intended too...

Hello, @Paipel. we know how frustrating it can be when the analog button on your left controller is sticking and not responding as it should. To view Meta-supported countries and regions, kindly visit here. In order to receive additional support, we do advise returning your device to the place of purchase. 

Can you cancel the request i did made on the system so? Because it will send the controler to a place where is not my house! I can't pay for this miss on information...

Hiya @Paipel We understand how critical it is for you to get that shipping information changed as soon as possible. Please reach out to our official Meta Store Support page so that we can get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you. 

TasrifAbrar1B00S
Explorer

Hello Facebook Team, 

I am Tasrif Abrar the owner of the account linked with email (Redacted). 

I respect the rules of your community standards But your Facebook security system has disabled my account by mistake. Your security system thinks I'm a child but i am not a child i am 18+ user. So I request you to check my account once And please open my account as soon as possible. If you need any documents, I will provide you. Thankyou!

Account Information:

Account Name: Tasrif Abrar

My account email:

Redacted

My account url: Redacted

Screenshot_20230209-054915.jpg

tasrifabrar