cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting Meta Quest Support & Collecting Logs

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Should you encounter an issue or have any questions that would require you to contact Meta Quest Support, you can do so by heading to the support page (https://meta.com/help/quest/). 

Here, you can contact the support team via email or live chat. If you are facing a technical issue that you're trying to troubleshoot, our support agents will often ask for log files from your system. This allows them to investigate more in depth and find the root cause of the issue.

In order to speed up the process, it's always a good idea to attach these logs to your initial support request so that the team can review them immediately. In order to collect these logs, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Open the run window (Windows key + R)
  2. Enter and run: C:\program files\oculus\support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
  3. Wait for the executable file to pop up
  4. Select logs for the last 24 hours
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. It should pop up a Windows Explorer window at the location of your newly collected logs.
  6. It automatically generates a zip file and copies the zip to the clipboard so you can paste it to your desktop
  7. Attach this zip file to your next support response

If you run into any issues, feel free to DM us directly or respond to this thread and we will get you helped out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, we're going to close this thread down for new replies. If anyone needs a hand, please feel free to create a new thread in our Get Help board here on the forums, or go to the contact page on our help center.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

gkrywusha.2022
Explorer

Hello,

I just received a message that due to having my Facebook account permanently disabled, me Quest 2 is disabled as well. 

On October 9th, my Facebook account was hacked (as well as my connected Instagram account) and Facebook suspended the account within hours. This took place early in the morning while I slept and can be seen (first through Google) to be connected via Singapore. When I contacted Facebook (only through the online form), they permanently disabled my account. No way to tell my side of the story. Instead, punish the victim.

Now my Quest 2 (with hundreds of dollars of apps all the way back since the Rift) is disabled. All due to a hack and the hacker's action that I have no responsibility for.

My Facebook was 30+ years active with no issues. Yet a single hack destroys my entire social media. And Facebook's download account feature spat back nothing.

While I'm sure you can't help on the Facebook issue, is there a way you could transfer my apps over to a new Meta account? Or just allow me to access my old account and disconnect it from Facebook.

In the idea of linking your accounts to make this online family so interconnected, Facebook's links have caused nothing but headache. And by the forums, I am not alone.

Thanks for listening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Krywusha

trek554
Adventurer

"My Facebook was 30+ years active with no issues"

wow so you had facebook 12 years before it was even launched...

WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

Yeah, we all make mistakes. Thanks for your constructive feedback. Nothing like feeding on the aggravation of the issue.

Hi there Greg! We totally understand how frustrating of an experience this can be. Your best bet to get this solved is to reach out to us via our Meta Help Center. This link will take you straight to our Quest dedicated page.

On there, there will be a number of articles you can search through, however if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (before the footer), you'll see a blue "Get Support" button. Go through that process, making sure you go to General Support and click for software issues and "Other". That will take you to a page with various options of your choosing to where you can work directly with an agent on your issue.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted, if anything. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am stuck in an endless loop trying to get support for a Quest Pro device problem not addressed in the list of support articles and I need to chat with or speak to someone. Clicking on the "Contact Us" link takes me to the list of articles. THAT ISN'T CONTACT!!! How do I get support for a potentially defective device?

I can help you with this right away. Click HERE and then follow the prompts. It'll ask you to select your device and then an issue from a list. If your specific issue is not listed, just select any one. Keep going with it and it'll eventually ask you to choose whether to contact a support agent via email, live chat or Whatsapp. If you have any more questions, feel free to lemme know.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Monteblank
Honored Guest

Hello,

A friend of mine user @andivee sent me a referal link. After receiving it,I used it and didn't get any credit.

Plse advice!

Hey there @Monteblank! We see you had an issue receiving a credit. That's no fun. We all deserve a break every now and then with some cool discounts and credits! Let's see where it went!

Please PM us so that we can collect some information and review your account. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or simply click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We avidly await your response.

debbie.233592
Honored Guest

Hi. My Facebook got hacked and the hacker posted something bad, as a result my Facebook got disabled permanently. I can't appeal via FB Help Centre as it keeps saying the email address isn't linked to an account (it's not because it got disabled). I even have an activity report to show it was hacked. So.........my son can't use his Meta Quest as it was attached to my FB account. How can he use it again?

Thanks heaps

Debbie