cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Continue in Your Browser' - App login

pogchomp
Honored Guest
I am trying to log in to the Oculus App on my PC, I have plugged in my headset, I clicked  'Continue with Facebook', then the next screen tells me to:
 'Continue in Your Browser.  To confirm your Facebook login, please switch to your default web browser now.  The confirmation process may take a few seconds to complete'.
I have opened every web browser on my computer, logged into my facebook account on each browser, turned firewalls off, and nothing happens / no confirmation occurs.  And the 'Help Centre' button at the bottom of the screen doesn't link to anything either.

Any idea what I should try next?
111 REPLIES 111

cbasile2
Honored Guest

I turn off the firewall , and switch to incognito mode, also I sign on the google sync which i have not done, and it worked!!! 

acs007
Honored Guest

I wish I could Meta is $%&t on the form. Why does everything need to be so difficult?

aughshtuks
Honored Guest

Nothing works for me i honestly tried every single solution and nothing worked.

Try to install the Oculus/Meta app on your phone, now try to log in and see if that does not open a browser on your phone.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

"open the link (link in the address bar when you select "Continue with Facebook" in the desktop app) in incognito mode."

I have no idea what that means.  I need help.

wesleybones
Explorer

I have the same problem.  Chrome incognito mode doesn't always work either.  Rebooting sometimes works, and somebody else suggested running Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusVRCValidator.exe which just now worked for me.

paulemanuelbowes412
Honored Guest

I was having this issue on windows 11. I solved it by hitting win+R and typing https://www.google.com in the address bar. That took me to a window to choose my default app, I selected chrome and picked "Always". Credit to reddit for this solution!

wesleybones
Explorer

Thanks, paulemanuelbowes412.  Setting google as default does help, as does running oculus and chrome in admin mode, and it finally did let me log in.  Now, if I could just get past that "Your graphics card is incompatible with Rift software" roadblock.....

adhd does not make it difficult to follow basic instructions lol, especially when they are in written form.

whats the original link ntohing pops up when i press it