cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Continue in Your Browser' - App login

pogchomp
Honored Guest
I am trying to log in to the Oculus App on my PC, I have plugged in my headset, I clicked  'Continue with Facebook', then the next screen tells me to:
 'Continue in Your Browser.  To confirm your Facebook login, please switch to your default web browser now.  The confirmation process may take a few seconds to complete'.
I have opened every web browser on my computer, logged into my facebook account on each browser, turned firewalls off, and nothing happens / no confirmation occurs.  And the 'Help Centre' button at the bottom of the screen doesn't link to anything either.

Any idea what I should try next?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JamesOreo
Honored Guest

For anyone still having this issue;

Press Win+R, then type/paste the following: https://www.google.com

Then press Enter, this will/should pop-up asking you to set a default browser. Select which one you want [Chrome, Edge, Opera, ETC].

Once done, restart the oculus app and it should work a treat.

Still don't know why this hasn't been fixed tbh, I was pulling my hair out going from forum to forum looking for a Solution also...

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111

Coprophagia
Honored Guest
Have you figured it out?

airmouse
Protege
Nothing is happening, no way to confirm anything. What horrible software.

aleksilahti
Honored Guest
Changed my default browser on windows to Edge. This allowed the oculus software to open a tab in edge.... shit software

Slynight
Honored Guest
Please fix for Chrome!

zhirefov
Honored Guest
Have you figured it out?

Malkovitz
Honored Guest
Same here, I've used Opera, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Nothing works.

Malkovitz
Honored Guest

I contacted support, and they told me to open the link (link in the address bar when you select "Continue with Facebook" in the desktop app) in incognito mode. I can't believe it worked. Stupid solution for stupid problems. Fix it Oculus.

What browsers do you use? Chrome's incognito mode seems doesn't work.

I used SSTap and a VPN to solve the problem. (because Facebook was not accessible in my region)