cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Continue in Your Browser' - App login

pogchomp
Level 2
I am trying to log in to the Oculus App on my PC, I have plugged in my headset, I clicked  'Continue with Facebook', then the next screen tells me to:
 'Continue in Your Browser.  To confirm your Facebook login, please switch to your default web browser now.  The confirmation process may take a few seconds to complete'.
I have opened every web browser on my computer, logged into my facebook account on each browser, turned firewalls off, and nothing happens / no confirmation occurs.  And the 'Help Centre' button at the bottom of the screen doesn't link to anything either.

Any idea what I should try next?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Malkovitz
Level 2

I contacted support, and they told me to open the link (link in the address bar when you select "Continue with Facebook" in the desktop app) in incognito mode. I can't believe it worked. Stupid solution for stupid problems. Fix it Oculus.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64

Coprophagia
Level 2
Have you figured it out?

airmouse
Level 4
Nothing is happening, no way to confirm anything. What horrible software.

aleksilahti
Level 2
Changed my default browser on windows to Edge. This allowed the oculus software to open a tab in edge.... shit software

Slynight
Level 2
Please fix for Chrome!

zhirefov
Level 2
Have you figured it out?

Malkovitz
Level 2
Same here, I've used Opera, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Nothing works.

Malkovitz
Level 2

I contacted support, and they told me to open the link (link in the address bar when you select "Continue with Facebook" in the desktop app) in incognito mode. I can't believe it worked. Stupid solution for stupid problems. Fix it Oculus.

What browsers do you use? Chrome's incognito mode seems doesn't work.

I used SSTap and a VPN to solve the problem. (because Facebook was not accessible in my region)