cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous problem with mobile app Meta Quest

Varsett
Honored Guest

I have continuous problem. It is very simple - I can't use menu options at the bottom of the screen in the Meta Quest application on my phone because menu option doesn't fit on the screen. (picture attached).

xz1.png

I wrote to support about it.

First answer from support:

1. Sign out of the mobile app
  2. Turn off your headset and phone for about 5 minutes
  3. Sign back into the mobile app
  4. Make sure your headset is paired again
  5. Check for the menu bar

My answer to support:

Are you seriously?...

Ok. I did it differently. I deleted cash and data for mobile app Meta Quest, then deleted application from phone.

Then dwnloaded it from Google Play and installed again.

First. When i sign back again, headset ALREADY has paired and connected to mobile app.  Always.

I will can to remove headset from mobile app ONLY if i press "Reset" from Advanced settings.  I made it much times...

Second. When i sign up into the mobile app, the data consent window appears and it ALREADY hasn't fit on the screen, BEFORE main screen. (looks attached picture)

Third. When i do initial setup of any headset, into the mobile app the same problem.

I gess, need increase scroll option.

Second answer from support:

"Greetings from Meta Store Support.
My name is Finn, and I will assist you on behalf of my colleague to attend you in a timely manner.

Upon reviewing, I understand that you having difficulties to set up your headset and after all the troubleshooting, the issue still persist. Rest assured, let me assist you with this.

Thank you for attempting that troubleshooting. As you're still experiencing this issue, I'm going to recommend we proceed with a Factory Reset of the device. What this will do is reset the device to a "like-new" state, wiping all information and data off the device.

Some of this data can be restored by enabling Cloud Backups beforehand; however, keep in mind that while Cloud Backup is available to all Meta Quest developers, it's up to developers to decide whether to enable this feature for their app and what data is backed up. You can find which installed apps have Cloud Backups enabled on the Cloud Backups page of your Meta account profile.

Once you are done with all the steps above, please let us know what would be the result. Hoping for a positive outcome. 
If the issue still persist, kindly revert back with the Headset Serial Number for us to check further.

I eagerly await your swift reply."

I want to ask - is it normal, all this conversation with support team? Really feel like they do not understand what I'm asking about.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Varsett 🙂

I hate to tell you that, but.....there is nothing you can do, unless using another phone.

Several people - including me - have/had the problem that the buy button is not available or we can not type in answers in chat, because the mobile app does not fit the phone screen anymore.

This happened to several (older?) phone types.

HERE is anothe thread about this issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @Varsett 🙂

I hate to tell you that, but.....there is nothing you can do, unless using another phone.

Several people - including me - have/had the problem that the buy button is not available or we can not type in answers in chat, because the mobile app does not fit the phone screen anymore.

This happened to several (older?) phone types.

HERE is anothe thread about this issue.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?