cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Issue (not detecting index finger)

DarthJoe2056
Honored Guest
So i contacted support about this a couple days ago but have not had a response yet so i thought id ask to see if any one else has had this issue and knows how to fix it. When i was going through the setup i got a message saying that the firmware on the right hand controller was been updated, but the left had did not get the update. So now my left hand while in VR has an issue, it will not detect my index finger movement so i can point my finger or press buttons etc with my left hand, but i can still move my thumb. Is their away to fix this? reinstall the controllers firmware/reset it? or does this sound like a hardware fault.
4 REPLIES 4

gico.unicauca
Honored Guest

Hi! can u fix the issue? i have the same problem, can u help me please? 

jotaldo
Honored Guest

I was having the same problem and was able to fix it by changing batteries. If you use rechargable batteries maybe try different ones. Hope this helps

ZENtiger
Protege

Im having a strange issue, I bought Lone Ecco 2 and right in the begining they want you to use your index fingers. but notice my controls are not alowing me to point. (was also wondering why my VR chat characters hands dont work so looks like his hand is closed. But when Im in Oculus home, it seems to work. Any ideas whats going on? Can it be battery issues really?

@ZENtiger Although it might sound a bit odd, it could very well be the batteries. 

Some batteries tend to read better than others, and some have a better life span than others. It's more of a trial and error to figure out which kind work best for you. 

If removing the battery for roughly 10 minutes then replacing them with new or known working ones doesn't seem to help, you might want to hit up support for some other options available. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling