cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Pairing Issues

audancha
Honored Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Rx1oghxiY&t=90s

This isn't my video. but it shows the exact same problem that I am experiencing. My controllers started to just not be picked up by me Oculus (Quest 2) and I check to see the paired controllers and nothing showed up. I searched and found almost nothing that could help me, I also did replace the batteries on both and still nothing. My closest solution was to factory reset and after that I was stuck on the screen to pair the controllers and they would not pair from the app (it wasn't my phone or blue-tooth because the headset paired just fine and almost immediately.) That is the exact issue shown in the video and I still can't find a solution and people said to just get a replacement. Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2

Berbanog
Honored Guest

Having identical issue on my left controller. I have submitted a ticket to the support team waiting for their answer. Have anyone figured any work around to troubleshoot this issue?

ihaveseeneverybird
Honored Guest

I posted this in another thread, but I'm wondering if it will work for you too. Please let me know if it does:

"

I believe I may have found a solution to this problem, or at least something that allowed me to continue forward.

To confirm the issue:

• Quest 2 was factory reset
  • headset was paired to Oculus app
  • Quest 2 is stuck in setup (white screen) with an indication to remove the battery tabs from the controllers
  • tabs have already been removed from controllers prior to setup
  • controllers are unable to be paired with the app
  • there is no option to pair or unpair a controller via the app

My solution:

• In the Oculus app, tap the add device button (top right corner: "+")
  • Select quest 2
  • Your app should attempt to detect a new device. It will recognize that it has already paired with your Quest 2
  • AT THIS POINT YOU SHOULD LAND ON A SCREEN THAT CONTAINS A NEW OPTION:  "Controller or Headset Problem?"   SELECT THIS OPTION.
  • From this point onward, your Oculus app and your Quest 2 will prompt you to power on your controllers (left and then right), and begin pairing / updating each controller.

This worked for me after encountering the original poster's issue. A little bit of disheartening troubleshooting and a few google searches landed me on this support page.

"