cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Tracking Issues

Baneology
Honored Guest

I've started experiencing issues with my Meta Quest controller tracking (predominantly the left)
It appears to be intermittently offsetting to approximately 1ft+ to my right; when I'm predominantly playing FPS and Beat/target based games, this renders my gaming experience impossible.

I've checked to ensure adequate lighting and am not aware of any damage to the controllers; as I purchased my Quest a couple of months ahead of the launch of the Quest 2, I'm aware my warranty will be out of date.
Is there any known issue / possibility to repair / buy replacement controllers?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @Baneology! We're sorry to hear that during gaming, your controllers aren't tracking properly. We are aware of how bothersome this is and how it interferes with your VR experience. We'd like to provide some troubleshooting steps to follow to get you moving again:

• Remove and reseat the batteries in your touch controllers.
  • Clean the Tracking Cameras.
  • Reboot the Headset.
  • Pair the Controllers Again.
  • Clean the Controllers.
  • Ensure your area is free of any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, glass or polished marble.
    • These can interfere with tracking by reflecting the IR LEDs found in the controllers

Please let us know if following these instructions helped resolve the issue. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!