cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Update error

konekoboi
Honored Guest

Hi,

Unable to pair headset with controllers.. keep flashing "Controller Update Eroor .. Contact Oculus Support".. 

Also a code 36006 is flashing on top of screen..

This issue has been going on for almost 3 months now, but I've been on travel since and haven't been able to get support from Oculus.. 

My set is Under warranty until November 2021, the issue started earlier though.. 

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey konekoboi!

Thank you for being a part of the Oculus family! We hate to hear your device is not working at it's peak performance Here is an article on how to pair and unpair your touch controllers. If your issue continues feel free to drop a support ticket., to see what other options are available for you. We look forward to seeing you in VR! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I applied a step-by-step as instructed in the article and still NOT working.. same error.. what should I do next?

I opened a "customer support ticket" and still waiting for a reply.. kindly advise.. 

Hey konekoboi, thanks so much for updating us on the issue! For your support inquiry, there is a 3-5 business day messaging delay to allow our Support teams further time to review and determine the next steps to take here in order to assist you with your concern. Don't worry though, we will be back in touch with you as soon as possible!

As for the controller update issue, we'd recommend you try removing the battery in your Left Touch controller for a minimum of 2-3 minutes, then re-insert it and reboot your headset to see if the problem persists. If it does, you may want to look into performing a factory reset to rule out any potential software error. Should the problem remain even then, update your ticket with these findings. This will best help us to determine what we do next from here. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

oMrbundles
Honored Guest

So this worked for me I unpaired my right contr then my left,I then paired the left first...I let it update (again) and...it worked..it's like the left needs to be paired first..I dunno but it worked.let me know if this worked for you

ForliForge
Explorer

I've tried to update the oculus quest pro, after the software update when i move the left controller. The oculus start the update and after a time appears the message "update failed". From the oculus app i have tried to remove and add both the controllers with success, but after it happens the same behaviour with the left controller update 

Hey there, @ForliForge! We can definitely understand your concern with this issue, and we'd be glad to help out! Have you tried out a factory reset to see if that would help the situation? From what we've seen, some users have been able to fix this through a factory reset. Other users just kept power cycling their headset, others unpaired and paired again, so we'll try out some different options and see what seems to help out. Below we'll list the steps for a factory reset for your convenience: 

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button
  • The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

Let us know if this helps out, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

ForliForge
Explorer

I've tried all the options, when I finally give up, after a time I try to use the device with only the right controller. But at this time, I realize the problem with the left controller was solved.

Oh awesome! We're glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If there's ever anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to contact us again!