cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller drift on right controller

ImDuppy
Honored Guest

Hi, 

I purchased my quest 2 just before Christmas. A few games would start playing up after a couple of days but I thought nothing of it. 

When I went on the Internet to browse I noticed it kept scrolling to the top of the page. 

After going into the settings for controller calibration It appears I have very bad controller drift. 

I have tried multiple things

Unpairing the controller and pairing again

Removing batteries leaving out for an hour

Cleaning the controllers 

Currently nothing has worked. Can I get a replacement 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @ImDuppy! We wanted to sail on by to help get this drifting issue back on track! We know how this can take the wind out of your gaming, thank you for providing the steps you have already tired. This has helped us make it over the first wave. 

We have located some steps that will hopefully help us make this drift issue disappear!

•  Ensure your area is well lit, with enough light to clearly see, but not direct sunlight
    • Too much light can oversaturate the tracking cameras. Too little will keep them from seeing
  • Ensure you area is free of small lights such as Christmas lights, or LED strips
    • The tracking cameras can sometimes mistake these for the controller IR LEDs
  • Ensure your area is free of any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, glass or polished marble
    • These can interfere with tracking by reflecting the IR LEDs found in the controllers
  • Ensure your environment is free of any obstructions between the tracking cameras and the controllers
    • The cameras on the headset need to see the controllers in order to track them
  • On Standalone Headsets: Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable. 
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    • Select Controllers in the left menu\
    • Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks dead zones
    • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position

Once you try these steps, and the issue still persists, follow this link here to our amazing support team. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!