cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller teleporting within the games

jansengui
Explorer

Sometimes when I'm playing random games my controller teleports itself inside the game to random places. For example, I'm playing BeatSaber and my saber teleports itself away from my virtual body. Another problem that I have is that my analog keeps getting pulled down infinitely sometimes. I've had my quest 2 for less than a month. I would like to not have to buy a new one. Anyone has any tips to help me with that?

@MetaQuestSupport 

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! So this is definitely not how we want your experience to go. We certainly understand the inconvenience of having to deal with this, which is why we want to get you back on track! 

Before we move forward could we get you to give us a few more details in regards to this issue. If you can please provide the following:

• Are you experiencing this with both controllers?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
  • Can you see any lights that are blinking on and off on your controller?
  • Are you using any third party software or accessories?

While you give us these details here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try if you haven't already:

• Remove the batteries for 30 seconds.
  • Try some different batteries.
  • Wipe down the controllers and camera lens with a dry microfiber cloth.
  • Unpair and repair the controllers. [Quest 1-2] Controller Pairing

After you do this if you are still having issues, feel free to send us a private message. Just select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jansengui, still around? We haven't heard from you in awhile, and we just wanted to make sure everything is alright. Did you ever get your issue resolved? Feel free to hit us up if the issue persists, and we'd be glad to continue supporting you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello! Thanks for the support. Answering your question:

• Are you experiencing this with both controllers? Yes, but not at the same time.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I usually shake them for a while until they get back to normal.
  • Can you see any lights that are blinking on and off on your controller? I did not notice that, but I can try to pay attention to this detail
  • Are you using any third party software or accessories? I'm using just a Controller Grips Cover.

Another problem that I'm having is that, sometimes, the quest2 receives the information that I'm moving the left analog stick when, in fact, I'm not.

Since yesterday I tried cleaning the quest 2 and repairing both controllers again, but it's not fixed my problem 😞 I will buy new batteries to test if changing them will fix the problem.

Thanks for supporting me 🙂

Hey Jansengui, thanks for providing the information that was requested! If you're willing, could you please update us regarding the status of the controllers once you've replaced the batteries, as well as pairing and unpairing it? If the issue persists once doing so, please reach out to our Support Team so they can provide you with more options on how to resolve this!

are the grips on the rings of the controllers? if so, try taking them off, because it might be blocking something that has to do with tracking.

Thanks!! It looks like the problem is solved =). I played 3 hours on quest 2, and no sign of a bug with tracking at all. The only problem that I have now is my left analog keeps getting pulled down and right infinitely sometimes.

Hey Jansengui! I am so glad that your previous issue has been resolved. I see now that your having a problem with the analog getting pulled down. We certainly want to get you back in the game with no issues, and this seems like a drifting issue. Here are some steps that you could try to help with that:

• Clean your controllers, focusing on the joysticks.
  • Remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds, and replace with known working batteries.
  • Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable.
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Experimental Settings (This will be moved out of Experimental with V40.)
    • Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
    • Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

If this does not work there is still the option we mentioned before about creating a support ticket. All you would need to do is go here and follow the prompts. We hope this has helped!