cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller

humanjosh
Honored Guest

Hello my controller for my oculus go isn’t connecting I haven’t use this in about few months but I put a new battery and it still didn’t turn on 

4 REPLIES 4

yod1948
Explorer

what's the point of this forum if no one answers questions? I've got the same problem. The controller doesn't power up at all. New batteries, repeated set up attempts. Nothing. Kaput. No lights whatsoever. Now what? 

anuar.marciano
Honored Guest

Estoy en la misma situación 😞

yod1948
Explorer

Since no one else replied, let me tell you how I solved this...

Apparently if someone leaves a bad battery in long enough, it will secrete battery juice that will corrupt the contacts. Using a small screwdriver with some sandpaper on the end of it, reach into the controller's battery area and sand both the positive and negative contacts. 

Worked great after that.....

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello humanjosh, we hate to hear that you are having trouble with your controller. We're here to help! If you haven't do so already, let's try unpairing your controllers. To do so, please follow the steps below:

How to manually pair Oculus Touch controllers with the headset.

1. If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap continue on the Oculus app.
  2. Open the Oculus app
  3. Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 in the top left corner of the Oculus app
  4. Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the app.
  5. Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 under the user's name and email.
  6. Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

After they are paired once, the controllers will automatically connect to the headset each time it is turned on and nearby.

To unpair a controller:

1. Open the Oculus app on the phone.
  2. Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset that is currently paired.
  4. Tap Controller, then tap the desired controller to unpair.
  5. Tap Unpair Controller.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please click here to submit a support ticket. Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!