cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controllers are not turning on or tracking

zach.446386
Honored Guest

So for a few months now my friends headsets tracking has not been working and overtime the controllers physically won't work anymore no matter what I do and the volume down and power button method doesn't work it just restarts the headset and I was wondering if there's a way to fix the problem and it's on the original oculus quest 2 instead of the new meta 2

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, zach.446386! We'd be more than happy to help you with the VR headset and controller issues your friend is having so they can get back to enjoying the VR world ASAP! 

For their tracking issues, please advise the following:

• Make sure their playing environment is not too bright or too dark so that their camera isn't oversaturated and there isn't a lack of lighting.
  • Make sure there aren't reflective surfaces that interfere with tracking cameras, such as mirrors, television screens, window reflections, glasses, polished marbles, etc.
  • Ensure their playing environment has enough contrast between objects or textures, for example, varnished wood furniture and parquet floors and all white walls.
  • Be sure to clean tracking cameras with a dry microfiber cloth.

Make sure the tracking is turned on.

1. Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu.
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System from the Settings panel.
  4. Select Headset Tracking from the left-side panel.
  5. Make sure headset tracking is ticked.

Clear boundary history.

Note: If they have multiple accounts on the same headset, boundary history will be cleared for all accounts, not just the account they're currently using.

1. Press the Oculus/Meta logo on your right controller.
  2. Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu.
  3. Select Settings
  4. In the settings panel, select Boundary.
  5. Select 'Clear Boundary History'
  6. Redraw your Guardian boundaries by selecting 'Adjust Boundary' from the Boundary Settings menu.

For their controllers please have them do the following:

• Change the controller batteries and confirm with us the LED status (blinking, solid, or no light at all)

Please let us know if the steps helped. We look forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again, zach.446386! We just wanted to check in with you to see if your friend still needed assistance with the tracking and controller issues they were experiencing. If so, please don't hesitate to reach out, as we're always happy to assist! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ok so yeah I would like some assistance with that but there's one more problem that just occurred with my headset and we'll the charger port melted and I only had it on the charger for a good 30 minutes after it wasn't charging and when I took it off the charger it was smoking and the port melted and by the way I have the meta quest 2 and I was wondering if there is a way to replace it with another one

Yeah uh my meta quest 2 recently had the charger port melted and it was only on the charger for maybe 30 minutes and I take it off the charger and it's smoking and the port is all melted and inside the headset and around the port is all melted and I was wondering If I could get a replaceable one

Hey @zach.446386! Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. For us to assist best, please click here to contact us and get in touch with an agent: https://metaque.st/Support

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?