cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controllers go idle after 5 minutes of no movement or very little movement

MissLilyStar
Honored Guest

Hi, hope you are doing well, I have this really inconvenient issue happening with my controllers where after no movement or very little movement, they almost sort of "turn off" ? I can only assume it's a battery-saving thing but it can be really irritating in certain games eg ; vrchat because it will essentially lock my hands in a certain position right in the middle of my FOV when I'm trying to chill, watch a movie or sleep

If there's any way to disable it, that would be very appreciated, or even just changing the position they lock to

Thanks a lot, have a great day 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome! We hope you're having a wonderful day. We see you're having some controller movement issues, which we understand can be difficult to ignore when you're playing a game. But don't worry, we'll take care of everything. Could you please do the following so that we can resolve this issue:

1. Unpairing and repairing the controllers?
  2. Remove the batteries from the controllers for 10 minutes, then replace them?
  3. Clean the controllers.

Please let us know if that worked. If you are still having problems with this issue, please let us know so that we can look into other options for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @MissLilyStar! Just wanted to check in to see if the previous steps seemed to help out. If not, feel free to reach back out anytime for some other possibilities!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

hi ! thank you for your response and apologies for the delay in my reply. unfortunately, even after trying those troubleshooting tips, the issue still persists D; 

Thank you for the update! As for now, we do suggest creating a support ticket through the link here where we can look into some other possibilities!

AndryaDE
Honored Guest

I have exactly same problem with Oculus 2 controller.

Very annoying when controllers go out after 5 minutes no movement or very little movement.

Any progress so far?

Hey there, @MissLilyStar and @AndryaDE! It seems like you're both experiencing some issues with your controller going to sleep after no movement. We understand how important it is to have a seamless VR experience, so let's try a few steps to reset your controller and hopefully fix this problem.

1. Start by unpairing both controllers from your phone app.

2. Next, remove the batteries from both controllers.

3. Now, uninstall and reinstall your phone app.

4. Once that's done, put the batteries back into your controllers (it's better if they're new ones).

5. Finally, pair both controllers back to the phone app.

After you've completed these troubleshooting steps, please let us know if the issue still persists. We're here to help!

Hello, hello, @MissLilyStar and @AndryaDE! We're reaching back out to check in on those controller issues you folks were reporting earlier. Do you still need assistance? If so, let us know and be sure to share the results from those troubleshooting steps in our last post! We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?