cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct way to wear headset

tagordy60
Protege

I’m totally loving my OQ2, I think it’s going to be a long enjoyable device b/c I never thought there’s so much to explore. My question is: the weight of the headset rests on my face & forehead, is this the correct way to wear it or is the weight supposed to be a dif way? I’ve watched some YouTube videos & have noticed that the headset looks lighter on the front due to some dif head straps. Just curious to know if there is another way to wear the headset w/o the weight on the front of my head?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hi hi! First, so glad you're enjoying VR!

Next, onto your question. The headset by itself is a bit front heavy just by the design of how it's built. It doesn't bother everyone, and for a while I was totally fine with it myself too. I just made sure to adjust the straps and the angles of the little side arms to make it the most comfy for me. When I started playing for longer sessions though, it did start to feel ...not the best. If that's similar to what you're experiencing, you should definitely look into different head strap options. Personally, I got the Elite Strap with Battery (I swear this isn't just me trying to promote it) and it helped balance the headset more evenly around my head and gave me some more playtime. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and I'll do my very best to help! 😁

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hi hi! First, so glad you're enjoying VR!

Next, onto your question. The headset by itself is a bit front heavy just by the design of how it's built. It doesn't bother everyone, and for a while I was totally fine with it myself too. I just made sure to adjust the straps and the angles of the little side arms to make it the most comfy for me. When I started playing for longer sessions though, it did start to feel ...not the best. If that's similar to what you're experiencing, you should definitely look into different head strap options. Personally, I got the Elite Strap with Battery (I swear this isn't just me trying to promote it) and it helped balance the headset more evenly around my head and gave me some more playtime. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and I'll do my very best to help! 😁

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

Since everyone's hair style, face and head are sized and shaped differently the "correct" way is whatever you find personally most comfortable.

Some people prefer the weight on their cheeks. Others on their forehead. Some prefer the strap bearing most of the weight.

The different strap and pad designs will distribute the weight differently. The "halo" style straps add a pad/strap on your forehead and transfers most of the weight from the headset.

I recently purchased the Kiwi Design QX01 headstrap pad. It attaches to the rear of the strap and cups over the occipital bulge at the back of your head. It makes all the difference and transfer much of the weight to the top strap. No more constantly tugging down the back strap and the headset stays in place even when tilting my head back or to the sides.

Which strap is best will depend on your preferences and size and shape.