cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Button Missing when using PC VR

Soildeer
Honored Guest

I will get a  notification  that i have gotten a new item for my home in when i go to try to go to my home theres no button for me there

163 REPLIES 163

Dagfal
Explorer

Is there a free alternative to the virtual homes we lost? Something where I can resize my desktop and watch movies in a pleasant background is all I am currently looking for. Watching movies in the white void of nothing really blows.

Virtual Desktop from Steam will do the movie thing... but it's a far cry from anything similar we had for Home.

I am now considering creating a "home" app in Unreal Engine 5, something to replace what Meta has taken away from us without warning or without care.

Dagfal
Explorer

Steam just feels so clunky , even a simple act of resizing and moving the window is awkward. Is there no way for us to load a simple background other the white grid?

kojack
MVP
MVP

Sansar (the sequel to Second Life) looks like an alternative (maybe not for watching movies, but I've never done that in Oculus Home anyway). You can create up to 20 custom worlds, it has multiplayer, the avatars have legs, it works in VR and desktop, you can host your own events and write games in C#.

(I still think Meta should have just bought Linden Labs instead of trying to make Horizon Worlds in-house)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Nope. Say thank you to Meta for that. The fact that they didn't even have a replacement option for Home when they snatched it away from us, is even more appalling.  If they at least had some other alternative ready to go, it might have softened the blow. But no... why expect anything other than disdain and incompetence from a company that makes more money than all of us combined could ever dream to even look at.

The only other thing I can suggest is using an app like Deo VR Player to watch movies and videos. At least it's a black background.

Also, Virtual Desktop isn't Steam, you just buy it from Steam. It's its own app thing.

Thanks Kojack, I might have to check this out... I've honestly never heard of it. It looks like something like this will have to fill the void, or I will have to start development on something myself. It shouldn't be too hard to recreate something similar to the old Home anyway, and even make it better/larger and more customizable... the irony being how easy it would be to out-shine a corporation with more money and manpower than anything else on Earth, with minimal effort. I might boot up UE5 and dust it off anyway... 

You feel it? You deleted it! Come on what kind of patronising answer is that.  People paid a lot of money to buy itno Oculus in so many forms and versions and you just remove functionality for what?  Well if there is no more home for the Occulus I don't see whats holding me to your brand as usual the Facebook/Meta group just ditch their cusomers when it suits them. I guess its time to research a better platform for that Vr experience.

Crimescene1975
Explorer

i never had this problem until last few weeks ago, home envoirment do not load and i tried everithing 

OPEN SSL workaround do not work form me 

Any help

You are not alone .....all PC-users  are "homeless"😢

There is a posting from Meta about that here 

Nosferatu_K
Explorer

My home has become corrupt and all I see is that white void. I still see the curved 'home' bar, but that's it. If I press the home button on my right controller or the three lined button on my left controller nothing happens. I'm just trying to figure out how to delete my one and only home world so I can re create it and stop having to stare at this stupid white void. I have not found a solution that works for me as I can't even get the menu to pop up where it would allow me to delete the world in-game.