cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling/Popping/Staticky Audio?

umemesomuch
Sightseer
Okay so I've already contacted Oculus but none of their solutions have really worked and I'm waiting on another response. I really need to fix my headset soon cause I told my family we could play it tomorrow for early christmas. Anyways, maybe last week, I got my oculus out after not using it for a week or so. It had been sitting on my dresser, safe. I plugged it in and oculus prompted me to download the newest update, so I did. Then i went into beat saber to play some songs and as soon as I started playing, I noticed this crackling in the audio. It's not completely consistent but it's pretty much that every second or two, theres a noticeable crackle in the audio. It's horrible to play with. The audio sounds like I have broken headphones. I tested my external headphones with my phone and they sounded great and I also noticed that my internal speakers were doing the same crackling. Another problem was that, after a while of playing and crackling, the headset would make a super high pitched beep and turn off and the orange light would come on. 

This doesnt just happen in beat saber (on steam), but also happened in the only other app I tried which was oculus first steps. I'm getting extremely frustrated because my headset has had little glitches like this off and on since I bought it. Doesnt seem to be enough to send it back though and I really dont want to. The audio was working completely fine a few weeks ago and I hadnt physically touched the headset since then so?? Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1

umemesomuch
Sightseer

So I just figured out a solution to all of the awful issues I've been having with my Rift S and I thought I would share it.

Since buying the rift, I've been having huge issues with my headset. It would take unplugging and replugging a thousand times to get it to work. I thought it was just the software because I was using a usb 3.0 and it was a brand new headset. Anyways, I got used to that issue but another came along. I started getting awful audio popping and crackling after the newest update, and my headset would crash after about 30 minutes. I contacted oculus support but none of their solutions worked so I looked online. It took about 2 weeks of searching to find something that actually worked. So anyways, I bought a Startech SuperSpeed PCI-E USB 3.0 Adapter Card and plugged it in. So far I have had NO issues at all. I didnt even use the installer DVD, so maybe try it without the driver first as I'm not sure if you need it.

TLDR; Buying a Startech SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI-E Adapter Card for my Rift S solved all of my connection and audio issues.