cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a username for a new account

Wao77
Honored Guest

I purchased an oculus for my girlfriend, I’m trying to set up her account but I can’t get past the creating a username page. The handle she wants is available, it shows a green checkmark. When we click next it doesn’t do anything. We’ve open and closed the window and retried it multiple times. What can I do to progress creating her account?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Wao77! We wanted to welcome both of you to the Metaverse world where we are always expanding in our VR family. We're sorry to hear that setting up a username for your Meta account is giving you trouble. Here are the username requirements:

• Usernames must start with a letter or number.
  • Usernames may be between 2 to 20 characters in length.
  • Usernames may include a mix of letters, number, dashes and underscores, but may not include dashes or underscores consecutively.
  • Usernames may not have spaces, slashes or periods.

Also try to uninstall and reinstall the mobile app. Check out this page for further details on creating a Meta account. Please let us know if you were successful with creating your Meta account.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!