cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charge multiple times when card information added in Meta Quest App

aliveali
Honored Guest

So here is what happened...

I bought quest 3(new and sealed), wanted to try Quest+ subscription's trial as offered in the Meta Quest App(on Phone). When I entered my card details on 14-03-2024 in the Meta Quest App, Meta Store started charging me 96,800 JPY(USD 642) 10-12 times immediately till my card's credit was insufficient. I notified the same to Meta Support through chat support and whatsapp support. Also notified my card issuer. Meta support gave me their mumbo jumbo customer support script and told me they will escalate this issue as its a glitch. My card issuer told me they cant reverse any transactions without 3rd party's(Meta) initiating it. So today Meta support emailed me and they wrote that these charges were not made by them. I am surprised by the incompetence and the lack of customer support from Meta. I am not on facebook or even instagram because I do not stand for anything those brands stand for. I only bought Oculus rift(when it was Oculus), quest 2 and now quest 3 because I like this product and idea behind it. But I am very disappointed now that instead of fixing their unfinished products and services they just denied and didnt offer any more help. 

My card Issuer which is the top Bank in Oman( Bank Muscat) identified Authorization codes and merchant ID from which transactions were made, still Meta store denied to take any blame for the glitch. Today again my card was charged but declined due to insufficient balance for same amount. 

I am in minus USD -1350.00 on my credit card now and no support from Meta to identify their glitch/mistake/incompetence and solve my issue. 

As you can see from the attached screenshots that I was charge multiple transactions in of JPY 96,800 and they were being reversed too. But 2 of the transactions of 96,800 JPY each did not reverse till today.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @aliveali! Thank you for sharing this experience with the community. We see you've sent us a PM, and we should be with you shortly!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?