cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Buy games not showing

Pierre.Arson
Explorer

Let's talk about the elephant in the room. Cross-Buy games. I bought Demeo on Rift S. It shows as a Cross-Buy game. When I go on my Quest 2, it is not showing as a Free game. It is asking me to buy it again. I am using the same account.

Oculus support is no help for this as they have no clue of what is a cross-buy game... funny!

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh did you mention you purchased it on Steam.

That being the case then No.

Steam is a different platform and No VR game on Steam is Cross buy.

Cross Buy is only with certain Products bought from the Oculus Store.

Just to be clear. If I purchase Demeo on Steam would it be cross buy for the Oculus?

Nope. Cross-Buy on the Meta stores means you can buy the version on the Rift Store, and get the version on the Quest store that works standalone on Quest headsets, no PC required. Steam is an entirely different store platform from Meta's stuff so you couldn't buy the version on Steam and get any of the versions for Meta VR (Rift, Quest 2).

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

I have Beat saber on my meta quest. but it isn't letting me install it on the oculus pc app. its literally saying i own it on quest. but i have to pay 29.99 on oculus pc app

Hey there! Beat Saber is not a cross buy game you will actually need to buy it for the PC version. This is the reason for why it is showing you to buy that version of it we hope this post finds you well! If you ever have any other concerns or questions please don't hesitate in reaching out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

What if you're going the other way around?  I purchased Demeo for PC on Steam, and now want to play it on my Quest.  How do I make that happen?

Steam has no cross buy. If you buy a game on there, you always have to buy it again if you want a native Quest version.

But Demeo in particular isn't cross buy even on the Meta store.

If you use Link or Airlink, you can play steam games on the Quest without buying again, but you have to be connected to the PC to play.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

But is that even the case?  Resolution Games own website, https://www.resolutiongames.com/vr-games-faq, states that it IS crossbuy, yet it doesnt show up on the cross buy list linked earlier on this thread any more

Strange, I wonder where I got that from? On the previous page of this thread I said demeo was in the cross buy list.

Although looking at your link, the cross buy info is a little odd. The other games say "Oculus (Quest, Rift)", but demeo says "Yes (on Steam and Oculus - includes non-VR version!)". That makes it sound like the cross buy applies to vr and non-vr, not quest and rift.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Just realised I messed the URL up with a .   The correct link is https://www.resolutiongames.com/vr-games-faq

In the writing further below it says

Cross-Buy in VR Games
Our VR games are enabled for cross-buy for the Meta platforms (Quest and Rift). With Demeo, you even get the 2D PC version included in Quest OR Rift purchases. Demeo is also cross-buy on Steam - you get both VR and 2D versions at one price.

Is Also, to me, suggests 2d as well as the VR cross buy mentioned before that.  I've just recently got Demeo steam version in a bundle, however havent activated it yet as its a Steam version.  If I can confirm it 100% is crossbuy I'll just buy it with my credit on the Quest store so that I can benefit from the mixed reality and gift the steam version to a friend instead