cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service and warranty

LFC43
Explorer

I have been dealing with Meta’s customer service for about 2 months now through endless emails and trying to contact someone via phone but no response. My quest 2 was working fine at first but less then a year passed and one day in the middle of a game the screen went black and stopped working. I contacted meta tried to fix it with customer service even got on YouTube to see if people were having the same problem, nothing worked!?!? I sent them my basically new headset and they seemed very nice at first but then they sent me a scratched up refurbished headset that would not pair with my app. It seems my app was always searching for the original quest 2 headset? So I contacted them again and they sent me another even more scratched up headset that seems to be out of date and of course not pairing with my app? I scheduled another phone call and accidentally scheduled it for the wrong time so I couldn’t answer it and even rescheduled it before the requested time came. They have stopped all my call requests at this point and have not sent me an email to further fix my problem.  I advise anyone buying a meta product to think twice on their purchase and thinking this company will help you. Prepare to feel very unvalued and unheard. 

9 REPLIES 9

aewmazing
Protege

This has been my very similar experience, my headset worked for 16 weeks and has been down for 10 weeks, same issues.  We are as disposable as their headsets.  If you get yours working again, please let me know how you did it.

I definitely will, it sucks hearing I’m not the only one this is happening to. Its horrible a company with so much money can get away with treating there customers so awful. I really thought they were going to help

ChaosKrew
Explorer

I am so disgusted right now myself. We sent in our quest 2 on August 21 because it would not charge or hold charge. They sent us a replacement headset that would not begin the connection process and was stuck in the controller connection screen. We reported that and they had us return that and they sent us another replacement. The 2nd one will also not move past the controller connection screen. We walked through multiple steps with multiple reps trying to get it going. Now we have been told it is a large scale engineering issue and to just wait indefinitely for a repair. Not 1 proactive follow up by META updating me on anything.  

I keep getting canned replies to my inquiries that are cut & pasted. The last one even missed one spot and left "customer name" in their reply.  

Are they honestly telling me that every replacement headset being sent out is not able to connect? If that is the case, that is HORRID service and META should be out of business. If not the case, then we are the ones getting treated horribly. Either way, shame on META and I want my $ back. 

I hate hearing a company this big is getting away with this. It’s been months and I still haven’t found a salutation. I’m so sorry to hear they are scamming so many people it’s horrible. 

aewmazing
Protege

My story is the same with a few differences, my Oculus stopped working in mid-June, I'm on my third refurbished replacement and it is still not working.  First headset, my original, rebooted on its own unpredictable.  Second two replacement headsets would not pair with the controllers, wifi, or the app.  I've asked for a refund or a new replacement, as my headset is under warranty and they can replace it with a new headset at their discretion.  I've escalated, their words not mine, and am in a holding pattern until a developer fix is created, as I've been told I'm under warranty, but new replacements are only made in the first 30 days.  

i have read alot of oculus users complaints in the forums and im also having the same issue as them as in not getting my replacemet all oculus sent back to me were my controllers and they were sent back in a bad state all scratched up covered in marks and dirt,what i was getting at is there anyway we can make a class action against them for what they are doing im in australia and due to oculus not having a company based here i cant even get the fair trading system involved i can't even take legal action against them 

Dr.Ogle
Honored Guest

I REALLY need help! My oculus will not connect to my Wi-Fi no matter what i do. I did a factory reset in frustration and still nothing. There is no support nor anyway to in touch with customer service. This is ridiculous. 

Heya Ogle! It can be really frustrating if your headset won't connect to your WiFi, which makes it harder to get the most out of VR. We'll take every step possible to get you gaming properly.

When trying to connect, we kindly suggest that you restart your router and position it close to your headset.

Please open a request on our support page if you are still having problems connecting to your WiFi. We are eager to be of help to you in this and get you back to gaming! Don't forget to let the agent there know exactly the steps you've tried so far. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

if you can navigate to here click chat and they will attempt to help you but don't expesct much help and if they ask you to return it for a replacement be careful many of us still have not recieved our replacements, some have been waiting months i know i havea1f8701215b6e31d7c8679fef68df24b.png