cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOUNT CODE OR NOT??

hiheelsnlipstick
Honored Guest

So every game I wanted to purchase tonight said to use SAVE30 code. When I typed it in, it said not valid. I purchased one game already without discount, I am not purchasing anymore until I understand why it says that and I can't get the discount.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

Hello @Aprillm and @hiheelsnlipstick

I've seen this come across my desk a few times and I actually have the answer ya'll are looking for. Check it out!

Any discount codes available will be sent to your email and you should get an alert in your mobile app. If you didn't get the email or alert, the code either isn't active or isn't applicable for your account. You're also not able to use a discount code when making a purchase with store credits.

Moving on from that, and this is what trips most people up, is the way that discount is handled. You'll see the discount being applied when you're at the checkout screen in your app store, but the total charge will reflect the purchase without the discount at first. Once the charge goes through, the difference will be refunded to you.

TL;DR - The discount will be applied and you'll only pay the price you agreed to at the checkout screen. It just takes some time.

Of course, you can always reach out to support if you have any questions or hit any snags. Here's a link to send support an email or chat. Hope this helps!

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

I have received the discount code OCULUS30 by e-mail.
I want to buy a game. The discount code works at checkout. When confirming the payment by the bank, the amount is without a discount. The discount code is valid for a few more days. Even the product card says that I can use it. Why is it like that? [Sorry for mistakes, I use google translator]

Hey there, @Gerwantos. We understand you're having issues using the OCULUS30 code. Here are some of the stipulations that come with that promo code, and could be why the discount is not applying to your purchase:

• OCULUS30 is only supported for Quest 
  • It cannot be combined with other offers
  • It cannot be used for apps that are on sale
  • It cannot be applied with store credit
  • It is not for in-app purchases
  • It can only be applied to apps coming directly from Oculus

If you have any further questions or need any more assistance, please let us know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there,
This default answer you are giving does not help at all.

I have the exact same issue. Trying to buy Beat Saber. When applying the OCULUS30 code the store says the price is EU 20,99 (instead of the default 29,99).

As soon as I want to check out with a credit card my bank says I will be charged for 29,99 Euros.

To check off your stipulations:

• I have an Oculus Quest;
  • There's no other offer;
  • Beat Saber is not on sale;
  • What is store credit/never used it;
  • It's not an in-app purchase, I want to buy the game;
  • I'm trying to buy directly from the Oculus app on my phone.

Please help!

Thanks

Hey ole_fant! We're understanding that you have gone down the list of stipulations that can prevent the promo code from working, and none of them apply to you. So that we can get more details that are specific to your account, please send us a private message. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you as we are happy to help you with this. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Can you make it where it works with store credit

I sent a private message 5 days ago but got no response... 😕

Hey ole_fant,

With the holidays coming up, we are hard at work keeping up with the rising demand and influx of messages. We apologize for not getting back to you as we pride ourselves on our communication. However, we still fumbled the ball and want to make sure you get seen. Instead of DMing us, please make a support ticket at https://ocul.us/ContactSupport with the information above pertaining to your discount code not working. Your teams will make sure you get noticed and that a resolution be found.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We at Oculus truly hope the season treats you well 🙂 Happy (early) holidays!

I just purchased quest 2 and got a similar email with OCULUS30 code and it wouldn't work for me either. not for a sale item, used it in your store. no, go. 

Same issue for me , want to buy something (simpleplanes from the app lab) , it applies the discount (so price goes down to 6.99) I hit pay , and the price jumps back up to 9.99 (and from checking revolut it tries to charge me 9.99 there as well .) Its frustrating as hell .