cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Core - Pending Hardware Issue Error

Vaniu
Honored Guest
omiomciqxvd1.png
"You have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from entering VR. Please check that your headset and sensor are connected.

The game will now quit."

When launching Damaged Core, after the window for it opens, I get this message and it closes. I'm not sure how to resolve this problem. I've reinstalled Oculus Home, reinstalled Damaged Core, reinstalled video drivers, reinstalled USB card drivers, tried launching the .exe directly from the install directory, tried different USB ports, tried putting my sensor on a usb 2.0 port, neither my headset nor sensor show them having issues in the device screen when they are connected to usb 3.0 ports.

I do have one hardware oddity: when I connect my sensor to my usb 3.0 port using the extension cord, it shows up as usb 2.0. It shows properly as 3.0 if I do not use the extension.

No other games do this for me, at least none that I've tried out, and I'm not aware of any other technical issues I have with it. My CPU is under spec, i5 2500k, but it still runs other games fine.

Anyone else had this problem or know a possible fix? Or an idea of what information to get from me to see about a possible solution. 

Thank you!

UPDATE:

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a different drive. Fixed the issue. There's probably an easier fix (or not?) but I needed to reinstall Windows for other reasons soon anyways.
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the delay. Just saw this thread. We are looking into the issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

keem85
Protege

Sorry for the delay. Just saw this thread. We are looking into the issue.

Any news cybereality? I've had Oculus support on this matter three times, and High Voltage aswell.. None of them can seem to find a solution for me.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It looks like the developer is still looking into the issue, but there's not a solution yet. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SgtMajSquish
Honored Guest
There is still an issue and it is December. Any word on fixes????