cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash Error with no Internet connection

cinetech
Explorer
Before I waste hours upon hours. Is this a deliberate implementation? Are you seriously not allowing use of Rift without an internet connection???
11 REPLIES 11

Orodreth16
Expert Protege
While I don't know what error is occurring exactly on your system, I can start the Oculus software and, for example, Asgard's Wrath without being online.

Eldraad
Protege
I had just posted the same thing under Discussions.  You get a Fatal Error try again message concerning the Dash and it is a perpetual loop. I can not access use the HMD (mine is a new Rift S) if the Internet is not available.  That leaves several hundred dollars worth of programs unavailable as well as the headset itself. I would expect to see Settings and Library with the headset on (without internet) and to be able to access all of the programs that do not require internet access... but that Dash Fatal Error loop means otherwise.

It is ODD that some people have reported no problem with an off line use of Oculus though...wonder what the difference is?

Eldraad
Protege
Just noticed that you commented on the Post I made as well. Still not working off line here either as you see from my reply. I am loath to uninstall / reinstall the Oculus software or delete it and reload ALL of my games due to past issues with the process.  However, if someone in Authority suggests that it is the only way to clear it up I will bite the Bullet and do it.  We will see if there are any helpful replies to either thread.

Eldraad
Protege
cinetech, check if your Public Test Channel is turned on.  Mine was (I forgot to turn it off when checking another Rift S that I returned).  I turned my Public Test Channel off, let it install the other version of the app and turned off my internet connection.  I had offline mode at that point, verified with an Oculus game and a Steam game. As a bonus I got the ability to put on my HMD and have it start the Oculus App (which was not working). Going back to the Public Test Version I have the Fatal Error loop and can not run any games (oddly enough the wear HMD to start App works...). This worked for me, hope it does for you as well.

cinetech
Explorer

Eldraad said:

cinetech, check if your Public Test Channel is turned on.  Mine was (I forgot to turn it off when checking another Rift S that I returned).  I turned my Public Test Channel off, let it install the other version of the app and turned off my internet connection.  I had offline mode at that point, verified with an Oculus game and a Steam game. As a bonus I got the ability to put on my HMD and have it start the Oculus App (which was not working). Going back to the Public Test Version I have the Fatal Error loop and can not run any games (oddly enough the wear HMD to start App works...). This worked for me, hope it does for you as well.

Thanks Eldraad! I hear you pain! I don't mind uninstalling everything but only if I know that it will fix the problem and its not just some stupid oculus decision to make you require an internet connection!! My public test channel is off but I am going to completely uninstall and start again to see what happens!! Thanks for confirming that it 'should' work!!

Eldraad
Protege
Good luck!  Sorry it was not the same solution for you. I always dread doing that as Windows 10 has caused a lot of problems where I had to uninstall/reinstall lather rinse repeat and then reinstall windows before everything would play nice together. Gathering the drivers and the lot, making sure they are the latest only to go back a revision or two to actually get things to work...never fun.  I wish you the best in sorting things out!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also had the same problem,turned off beta fixed it.Just got new update and same problem,getting pretty sick of it.Oculis need to sort their crap out.

Eldraad
Protege
Thanks... It is NOT working again due to the update to version 1.42.  Offline worked in 1.41.
Everyone please send a report and post in support.

cinetech
Explorer
There is a Beta out for 1.43 now and it seems to be fixed. So you need to ENROLL in Beta now.