cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defector VR black screen crash issue

TOX1CITY
Honored Guest

defector crashes after a 3 second black screen, anyone had the same issue and resolved it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @TOX1CITY. We wish you a wonderful day! We see you're having issues with Defector crashing. We understand how troubling that can be, but don't worry, we're here to help you get back to saving the world in no time.

To get you back in the game could you please answer the following:

• How long has this been happening?
  • Have you updated Defector recently?
  • Are you receiving any error messages?

Could you also try the following steps below:

1. Try a different USB port.
  2. Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.
  3. Uninstall and re-install the game.
  4. Restart your PC.

Please let us know if the steps listed above work. We're excited to get you back into VR!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @TOX1CITY. We wish you a wonderful day! We see you're having issues with Defector crashing. We understand how troubling that can be, but don't worry, we're here to help you get back to saving the world in no time.

To get you back in the game could you please answer the following:

• How long has this been happening?
  • Have you updated Defector recently?
  • Are you receiving any error messages?

Could you also try the following steps below:

1. Try a different USB port.
  2. Make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.
  3. Uninstall and re-install the game.
  4. Restart your PC.

Please let us know if the steps listed above work. We're excited to get you back into VR!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

nothing worked, but i did reset my pc (not restarting, i reset everything) and then it worked but thanks again oculus

Hey @TOX1CITY! Thanks for the update! We're very happy to hear you'll be able to continue enjoying your VR world!

We wish you the best and lot's of fun to come!

• I don’t have a PC I tried everything to fix my oculus but didn’t work any solutions

It didn’t work 

Hello, Ivxz12 We saw that your VR was crashing frequently and that you were experiencing black screens; we are aware that this may be interfering with your VR experience and would want to offer us assistance.

1. How long has this problem existed?
  2. Have you attempted a factory reset?

Hello, ivxz12 Your input is very valuable to us, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you still need assistance with your VR Blaxk screen crashing.

killermark190
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problems as them and I've had it for a couple weeks now and I've been trying to factor reset like wad said but when I hold the volume down button and power button it turns off, pls help me

Hey there, @killermark190! We couldn't help but notice that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some issues when trying to perform a factory reset. We certainly understand how disappointing something like that can be and how it can hinder you from trying to get your headset back to a fully-functioning state, so we'd like to help you get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible! Please follow these instructions in order to perform a factory reset:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume down (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Please ensure that your headset is turned off first before trying to perform a factory reset. Let us know how this works out for you. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed!