cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
LocoLukee
Explorer

Hi! I know all the avatars are supposed to be gender neutral, but after wrongly selecting a face-type i'm only presented with woman clothes, such as some sort of bikini outfit and classic female-oriented clothing.

I'm all in favor of breaking gender roles and using whatever's more confortable for anyone, but just for the sake of simplicity wouldn't it be easier if i can choose what gender i want for my own avatar?

if that's not possible (for whatever reason), maybe a simple RESET AVATAR button to start from scratch? I want to show Workspaces in my work environment to do a test run and get my bosses to adapt to VR, but it's going to be pretty hard doing that looking nothing like my assiged (and preferred) gender.

Please help me fix this, i really want to convince my work of buying 10's of this headsets

Fromike
Explorer

These are my thoughts exactly

UnfamousAmos
Honored Guest

I agree. I have no problem with non gender roles, but im masculine and there's no avatar body type or poses that make me feel like i can make one in my likeness. It's fake inclusivity if the only pose is feminine. I cannot even give my Avatar my body weight without big hips. im fat, but my hips are not big. 

gnike324
Honored Guest

Son has same issue

flipflopmandan
Honored Guest

Hello, if you are not going to do an update to delete gender of avatar can you add men's clothes then to the female avatar cause there are none. Thank you

Vintage_Shoey
Protege

Have the same problem. Only see woman's clothing and it's annoying. Not sure what you mean by gender neutral. Every game I've ever played has had the ability to select both male and female avatars. Why is this so difficult for Oculus to get right? It's very simple, add more masculine and feminine body types to choose from and allow you to change them after creating.

pinnb
Honored Guest

Yes, you van change that avatar but if you go into other applications he will still be a woman.  What is that fix?  I am having the same issue!

Dooheki
Honored Guest

Yeah, change yourself now you look like a man with women hips.. smh.. please update this obvious overlook..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please consider allowing us to delete the avatar and reset or revert to the default icon, in a future update, please? I too regret creating an avatar.

tozzleboof
Honored Guest

It is idiotic that you cannot select male or female body type when creating an avatar. Is this only designed for "gender fluid" people or something? Why exclude the vast majority who are not? Please change this.