cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
Deelizer
Explorer

Same here, really annoying. Unhelpful as ever response from oculus.

SketchCat
Honored Guest

It's getting close to 6 months from the original question. New question, will there ever be the ability to change the base selection of an avatar? IE delete current avatar? I tried to make it look like me, honestly Ninento Miis simplicity is more versatile, and mine looks goofy. Was just going to try a couple options to not look like a total pud.

Frollini
Honored Guest

Same issue here! Please let us reset the avatars and start from scratch!

abbeyboss
Honored Guest

I shared similar issue

I want to create a new Avatar, not modify. I dont see any clear solution on forum to be able to Delete and start from original options.

Atleast till a solution comes in place there should be a notification to new users who are creating Avatar for the first time to double confirm their Avatar as there is no Delete option. I just selected something to move to finishing setup and now stuck with it.

sussy_69420
Honored Guest

oculus avatars look so ugly i do not want to edit it i want to delete it

enrique.santaella
Honored Guest

Really?  Really... hu!!! no way to delete the avatar?

Deelizer
Explorer

Completely silly not to allow a reset. 

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

There's currently an ongoing discussion about Avatar Deletion in the Ideas Board. Be sure to comment on that thread so that if and when it's implemented you'll get updated on the status of the Idea.

Deelizer
Explorer

My avatar looks like an old granny from a 70s sitcom, no matter what I try I am stuck on it. I am a fifty plus year old man! We ought to be able to at least change its sex even if not delete it, or in these days make it neutral? 

theosakadude
Protege

I signed into Horizon Worlds, and for some reason it selected a Middle Eastern female Avatar (Rrrrooomy) and it will not let me change it to a male one (I'm a dude) nor will it let me switch back to my original avatar with just the head and upper body. I cant interact with others dressed and looking like a woman.  How do I fix this if the obvious steps in the avatar edit tool are not working and it doesn't show me any options to change my avatar?

Thanks

theosakadude