cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete avatar?

flipflopmandan
Level 2

Hello, got a quest 2 yesterday. My daughter had a go and set up a female avatar as me. I'm her dad and would like to change it. No option to delete it. Any idea how?

50 REPLIES 50

Deelizer
Level 3

Completely silly not to allow a reset. 

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

There's currently an ongoing discussion about Avatar Deletion in the Ideas Board. Be sure to comment on that thread so that if and when it's implemented you'll get updated on the status of the Idea.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

theosakadude
Level 4

I signed into Horizon Worlds, and for some reason it selected a Middle Eastern female Avatar (Rrrrooomy) and it will not let me change it to a male one (I'm a dude) nor will it let me switch back to my original avatar with just the head and upper body. I cant interact with others dressed and looking like a woman.  How do I fix this if the obvious steps in the avatar edit tool are not working and it doesn't show me any options to change my avatar?

Thanks

theosakadude

theosakadude
Level 4

I signed into Horizon Worlds, and for some reason it selected a Middle Eastern female Avatar (Rrrrooomy) and it will not let me change it to a male one (I'm a dude) nor will it let me switch back to my original avatar with just the head and upper body. I cant interact with others dressed and looking like a woman.  How do I fix this if the obvious steps in the avatar edit tool are not working and it doesn't show me any options to change my avatar?

Thanks

theosakadude

Are you stupid or what? People are asking you to add avatar deletion. ADD IT!

I have a similar problem. Just messing around and chose one thinking that I could change it. Such an odd feature to be missing after how many years of development?

Yes, that feature flaw is really terrible and what has kept me out of checking out the Metaverse still. If people see me as not who I am, they will treat me differently. What does that say about the development team for this product? Nothing positive I can assure you.  If i find a solution or someone responds back to me with a solution, I'll let you know. 

Hey there NeenaVR! 

We appreciate you bringing this ongoing issue to our attention. Rest assured, we're here to step in and assist. 

Honestly we know how important it is to be able to personalize your avatar while in Horizon worlds, so let us take a look at a few things. First, have you been able to go to your profile while playing Horizon Worlds and click 'Edit Avatar.' There you will be able to personalize your avatar and once you're done you can then save your changes. 

Are you able to notice the option to 'Edit your avatar?' Also would you be able to kindly share with us a screenshot of your profile page while in Horizon Worlds? This will allow us to observe for ourselves and detect any errors. 

We hope to hear back from you soon! 

Can you elaborate on the issue? Is it that you're having trouble editing the avatar in general or is it that there aren't enough options to be accurately represented?

Take your destiny into your own hands. Sand cannot keep a shape by itself, but add water and it becomes malleable. Fate can be such, if you add the right element.

The problem I'm having (and I believe there are hundreds - maybe more - of people complaining about this) is that when I first tried installing and setting up Horizons Worlds and Horizon Workspace (?) (I believe this is where it first started)....it assigned me a female avatar, middle eastern maybe, on the endomorphic size chart....and I no longer can delete that avatar to change it to what I actually am (male early 50's) from Western country.  I can't even switch to the classic avatar where it was just an upper body and head customizable.  I'm virtually stuck being a middle eastern woman as my Quest/Meta 2 avatar, in whatever I choose to experience, whether it be in the metaverse experiences or just for a VR game. I am trying to find options where I can switch to male, etc. Nothing changes when I say use classic avatar or when i'm in the 'new' avatar options, its only the middle eastern female options....nothing more. I've tried uninstalling Horizon World's and Workspace and Venues, reinstalling, but same thing when I join again. I've deleted my Horizon World's/Workspace account (I think) and reset up...same thing. Avatar cannot change. I have read that people are furious with this development issue and not much has been done by FB / Meta to fix it. I won't and can't really go into the metaverse being a woman from a culture I don't speak the language of etc. That's my problem in a nutshell.  Others have just send me 'how' to change your avatar, but that isn't working for many many people so the standard solution....isn't a solution apparently.  Not sure how really this happened. Won't be using my Meta Quest 2 VR headset until this gets fixed. That isn't good for the future of comsumer VR I would think if people stop using their devices over an easily fixable problem.

Thanks for your concern,

DP