cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bello04
Honored Guest
If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.
134 Comments
theosakadude
Protege

I signed into Horizon Worlds, and for some reason it selected a Middle Eastern female Avatar (Rrrrooomy) and it will not let me change it to a male one (I'm a dude) nor will it let me switch back to my original avatar with just the head and upper body. I cant interact with others dressed and looking like a woman.  How do I fix this if the obvious steps in the avatar edit tool are not working and it doesn't show me any options to change my avatar?

Thanks

theosakadude

redkriper
Honored Guest

Are you stupid or what? People are asking you to add avatar deletion. ADD IT!

NeenaVR
Explorer

I have a similar problem. Just messing around and chose one thinking that I could change it. Such an odd feature to be missing after how many years of development?

theosakadude
Protege

Yes, that feature flaw is really terrible and what has kept me out of checking out the Metaverse still. If people see me as not who I am, they will treat me differently. What does that say about the development team for this product? Nothing positive I can assure you.  If i find a solution or someone responds back to me with a solution, I'll let you know. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there NeenaVR! 

We appreciate you bringing this ongoing issue to our attention. Rest assured, we're here to step in and assist. 

Honestly we know how important it is to be able to personalize your avatar while in Horizon worlds, so let us take a look at a few things. First, have you been able to go to your profile while playing Horizon Worlds and click 'Edit Avatar.' There you will be able to personalize your avatar and once you're done you can then save your changes. 

Are you able to notice the option to 'Edit your avatar?' Also would you be able to kindly share with us a screenshot of your profile page while in Horizon Worlds? This will allow us to observe for ourselves and detect any errors. 

We hope to hear back from you soon! 

iMight404
Retired Support

Can you elaborate on the issue? Is it that you're having trouble editing the avatar in general or is it that there aren't enough options to be accurately represented?

theosakadude
Protege

The problem I'm having (and I believe there are hundreds - maybe more - of people complaining about this) is that when I first tried installing and setting up Horizons Worlds and Horizon Workspace (?) (I believe this is where it first started)....it assigned me a female avatar, middle eastern maybe, on the endomorphic size chart....and I no longer can delete that avatar to change it to what I actually am (male early 50's) from Western country.  I can't even switch to the classic avatar where it was just an upper body and head customizable.  I'm virtually stuck being a middle eastern woman as my Quest/Meta 2 avatar, in whatever I choose to experience, whether it be in the metaverse experiences or just for a VR game. I am trying to find options where I can switch to male, etc. Nothing changes when I say use classic avatar or when i'm in the 'new' avatar options, its only the middle eastern female options....nothing more. I've tried uninstalling Horizon World's and Workspace and Venues, reinstalling, but same thing when I join again. I've deleted my Horizon World's/Workspace account (I think) and reset up...same thing. Avatar cannot change. I have read that people are furious with this development issue and not much has been done by FB / Meta to fix it. I won't and can't really go into the metaverse being a woman from a culture I don't speak the language of etc. That's my problem in a nutshell.  Others have just send me 'how' to change your avatar, but that isn't working for many many people so the standard solution....isn't a solution apparently.  Not sure how really this happened. Won't be using my Meta Quest 2 VR headset until this gets fixed. That isn't good for the future of comsumer VR I would think if people stop using their devices over an easily fixable problem.

Thanks for your concern,

DP

theosakadude
Protege

The problem we are having is that we cannot (no matter what options are thrown at us) 'change' our avatar from what was somehow originally created when we joined (I believe) Horizon Worlds or Workspace.  Mine is the Middle Eastern female avatar and I'm a Canadian middle aged male.  I have not been able to change it outside of Horizon Worlds/Workspace nor while logging into both and using the 'Edit your avatar' feature. It just doesn't do anything whether I click to use original avatar or look for editing options to change from female to male or any other kind of avatar. It's like it's a broken or dead feature. I've tried to uninstall Horizon Worlds, etc on my Oculus / Meta Quest 2 device, and reinstall and re setup my Worlds info...but still the Middle Eastern woman option is ALL I am presented with. The standard support help trying to 'change' to a male avatar is not an option that I can find anywhere. That's it in a nutshell.  Thanks.

Darin Paterson

NZ8
Honored Guest

Ya this is some trash, I have the same problem, how hard is it to give us the option to delete an avatar or switch it to a boy from a girl. Also why isn’t their a boy avatar with blonde hair blue eye but there is a girl avatar with that? Some woke bs I would say. So please listen to the oculus community and make some changes, this is CRAP!

kojack
MVP
MVP

ALL of the template options (male and female) use the same set of options in the avatar editor, you can change any one of them into any other one.

Whether an avatar appears as male or female entirely depends on the body and clothing options you choose. For example some clothing makes the character have breasts and others don't.